How do I take apart the recoil spring to add recoil buffer on my S12?

Can you post a pic of your buffer and recoil spring assembly? It souldn't be any different from any other S12 setup. You may just need to use more force to get it onto the spring. In the FAQ section of the Saiga 12 part of the forum, the very first thing is about installing the buffer.

Actually, it is in the Saiga Shotguns section on the main page.

Ah, I see now. I've not seen that buffer before. The ones I normally see look like this one.

What you can do to your buffer is just bore the hole out a little wider until it looks a little closer to this one. It shouldn't harm it at all.

I tried to use this buffer on my Vepr-12, as a result a lot of bolt carrier jams :( after that presented to friend for his Saiga-223. IMHO useless stuff on Saiga-12. AR-style buffer with spring is much better, works without jam.

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

I got one of those types (a buffer Dillon Precision used to sell, right?) on my Saiga-12, so I do know it does fit in the gun somehow. :up:

I do get jams with it using my 1st Gen. Saiga-12 magazines when first loading up a shell into the chamber from the magazine (requiring a finger assist :lol: ), the newer style magazines (with just the feed lips on them) seem to load up just fine with the buffer in place though.

Someone correct me here, the Saiga-12 buffer spring assembly does at least come apart in the midde somehow, right? (it's been awhile since I actually did it). :lol:

If I remember, that's what you have to do first to get that type of buffer on it easiest.