I'm goin for it - cutting off the stock for dummies

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've got the right idea. And starting off with it long and getting is squared up with the extra length is a great idea. If you can't get it cut straight and sqaure at 1", 2", 3", or whatever, you

I thought of that too, but the final cut is close enough to the end that the pistol grip is in the line of cut.. I would wonder if the blade might nick the grip to get all the way through...   On an

Guys, just to be clear, I have zero "skillset" and I did it. If you have a level, a file and a hacksaw your in. Seriously, I am so far from handy it would make you laugh.

Posted Images

I'm.not going to cut.my poly lower...I'll wait for the alloy receiver...Being the manufacturers of the stock adaptors were gun shy about letting the cat out of the bag on all the receivers breaking, the stock poly lower in my opinion is stronger than the one thats been cut.....and might be the best thing out there besides the alloy lower.

• Like 1

I was really interested in putting the magpie UBR stock on until I seen reports of lowers cracking..... No one wants to spill the beans on which adapter it's mostly happening with either........ I understand the adapter is not the root cause and in most cases it's due to inconsistencies, but come on....

• Like 1

I'm not afraid to say we have one that I know of , out of 600+ out there, if there's more they haven't notified us.

Two if you count the gun that UPS destroyed , it's got a hairline crack , but they BEAT/RAN OVER ?? , the gun hard enough to BEND the bolt handle, enough to gouge the receiver , punched the barrel through FOUR layers of cardboard. Those who have our bolt handle know it's TUFF!

This was packed, wrapped in bubble air packs, in the original box, which was inside a larger box with 2-3" of wadded kraft paper between the two.

We REALLY have no idea how they could have done the damage done.

• Like 1
Two if you count the gun that UPS destroyed

Boy! Don't get me started on UPS!

I had a pre CBS Fender Strat that was promised to me destroyed by UPS, most likely stolen because it never got to it's destination, and that's all they would say. The person that sent it was a family friend's grandmother, she never got the ins. claim back on it, nothing. Guitar was perfect for lack of a better word. I didn't care that it was pink, you don't pass up a guitar like that if it's FREE, and didn't have any noticeable yellowing of the knobs/guard from the pics she showed us. This was when I was in middle school. I scowl a little bit when I see UPS to this day. Haven't ever had any issues with them since, but ya it left a mark.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Like 1
Good news for all these folks, there are soon to be plenty of polymer replacement lowers available from the folks that went with Firebird Aluminium ones.

Would most likely be a good demand for that for all the ppl that did cut the stock too far