Anyone use 1911 springs?

I have searched the forum on 1911 spring usage. Not really very much information that I can find.

I am going to experiment with a 1911 18.5 progressive and 16 LB. front spring as a replacement. I just want to see if the Saiga will cycle smoother, rougher, or at all with the different spring tensions. I have the MD V-plug installed. I cant seem to find out what the stock Saiga 12 spring tension is. Anyone have that information to share? Thanks in advance.

Ironically, I'm currently conducting the same experiment with and 18lb 1911 spring. I'll chime in with results when I get them. Currently, I'm running a three-hole with an autoplug and booster puck, we'll see what happens...

I am interested in your results. I have a four port 08` model. I am waiting for my bolt to return from Pauly and I am going to run the stock spring first with various loads and work my way through the different 1911 springs.