Interesting stuff! The GSE trigger hook looks a bit weird compared to the G2.

It is rather large and blocky looking, but it works just fine.

Had I not found this site:

http://www.cross-con...iga_Conversion/

I probably never would have tried the FSE, but I was new to the Saiga game and that site pretty much spelled everything out for me, so I went with his suggestions.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing the G2, because its got availability and price going for it. Probably most of the people doing conversions on the cheap are using the G2 because EVERYONE sells them and for a decent price. It's just that I've used the FSE for so long that the G2 is new and different to me.

Eric

Edited by emr454

Alright, I am not really inclined to go through the hassle of ripping out the ones I have installed to take pictures.

Here is a trigger group that I recieved in trade. The pieces are mismatched and cannot work together. (specifically the trigger body and disconnector ) Sadly I did not notice that fact until I had profiled the hammer , and modified the double hook to work for over travel and done a nice polish of engagement surfaces. They are a very smooth pair, but for the lack of disconnector. The over-travel is very minimal. I recommend this mod and am far from the first to do so. Pre-travel can be limited by making a shim, rivet or other spacer to go under the aft end of the trigger, or welding on extra material. Easily done.

It was supposed to be a G2, but as near as I can tell the trigger is a Tapco G1 double hook. After your post I believe the hammer is FSE or similar, and the disco is unknown. The conflict is because they have different size of axis pin holes and the disconnector has too much material to allow the pin to pass through both it and the trigger body.

post-17871-0-30188700-1327979510_thumb.jpg

post-17871-0-39307000-1327979515_thumb.jpg

post-17871-0-78618100-1327979520_thumb.jpg

post-17871-0-83199800-1327979525_thumb.jpg

Comparing the G1 Trigger only to the G2 I note:

+The over all finish is cleaner on the G2 and looks a shade better, but both appear to be higher quality than the saiga hardware.

+The G2 has raised markings on each piece, the G1 has none, but is clearly of the same manufacturer.

++ The big difference. The g1 has a hole sized to match the axis pin, where as the g2 has a larger hole to allow for the tube to hold the components together. The tube is a major plus in difficulty of installation.

RSA: See the .pdf It makes it clearer than I could. RSA_trigger.pdf

+Very high quality and superior finish.

+ bulkier. there is less space so it is a bit harder to get in.

-No tube, but does come with a cheater pin to be pushed out. Possibly a smoother design than the internally rough tube.

+ has set screw adjustments for: Pre-travel, Over-travel, disconnector engagement/release point, disconnector tension.

~ Needs loctite for set screws, but it's included. so is the microscopic allen wrench.

+ easy to get a very nice feel with little skill and no tools.

- the Pre-travel set screw was too short so I had to use a fender washer with my trigger guard screw to give it something to push off of.

Would recommend either RSA or G2 double hook with work. RSA is nicer but properly done the G2 is pretty good.

Yeah. The disconnector does not match either tapco product. my guess would be that it is something Combloc that used a tube similar to tapco. The bulk around the larger hole would require grinding a channel in the tapco for clearance even if the hole were bushed to the right diameter.

I believe it is generation 1 and 2.

I can say that I would not bother with a single hook g2 with the minimal effort required to have a far superior feel from a modified 2 hook, or an RSA.