Tac 47 auto plug NOT working

Is your gun broken in?

Have you cycled at least 100-200 rounds of high brass through it yet?

Drum or Mags? I still have a one or two FTE every 4 or 5 drums........never on mags however.

Make sure your adjustment screw on the plug isn't backing out also....loctite that dude!

Have you polished your internals at all? Small reductions in cycling friction can make a huge difference with the Autoplug.

And Finally..........Have you checked your gas ports yet?

Edited by armory

If the gun is under gassed, no plug will help it. Fix your gas problem first with either modding the gas block or a booster puck.

How many rounds through the gun? Stock or converted?

And... How many ports and are they unobstructed?

How many rounds, they really do need a breaking in period with full power ammo.

Remember this... They are not designed to function on cheap low brass birdshot.

They are designed for full power ammo, their working on the cheap shit can take some TLC.

Close to 100 rounds...stock

Are you going to do a conversion?

If you aren't I would say put another 100 rounds of high brass through it, clean it and give it another try. I really started to get consistent performance with 300+ rounds of high brass break in before she started hitting her stride......

Love my Tac47 Autoplug BTW........

Edited by armory

Close to 100 rounds...stock

Are you going to do a conversion?

If you aren't I would say put another 100 rounds of high brass through it, clean it and give it another try. I really started to get consistent performance with 300+ rounds of high brass break in before she started hitting her stride......

Love my Tac47 Autoplug BTW........

10,000 rounds of high brass will not break in a under gased gun. If it does not shoot the cheap stuff out of the box it need's the port's opened up.

• Like 2

10,000 rounds of high brass will not break in a under gased gun. If it does not shoot the cheap stuff out of the box it need's the port's opened up.

I agree with first part of your post, but not the latter.

I noticed a bit of "blow-by" with mine. There was a bit of soot on the threads of the autoplug near where it's shoulder rests against the gas block so I wrapped it with a bit of teflon tape and re-installed it. I had to back the adjusting screw off a bit after that...

I'd try that after taking a look at your ports.

So I've done everything I'm supposed to do....and it's still not cycling low ammo. Sure the more powerful stuff works but I want everything to work. I've done everything correct...

Anyone else have this happen?

Are you trying to cycle ammo your guns has never cycled or cannot properly cycle with your original plug.. If you gun did not cycle before, no plug or the autoplug is going change that. Learning about your Saiga here on the forum will provide you with the knowledge and insight needed turn your saiga into what it needs to be.

• Like 2

I would recommend looking at your ports i have a 107 that all 3 of its ports were way off one was at .068 .055, and .077 They were supposed to be .093, and it Ran like poop until i got the ports opened up, and polished the bcg, and rails, and had cobra work his magic on the trigger, thing runs like a scalded dog being chased by a horny orangutan. I also use tetra gun on the friction surfaces works great for reducing that extra bit of friction.

This mentality of thinking a gas regulator will make a S12 run with "low base" ammo all started with the Gunfixr plug. That was the name of the 'smith that created the "more than 2" position manually adjustable gas regulator. People assumed that since "fixer" was kind of in the name that it actually "fixed" something. Absolutely not so. He intended it to offer more adjustability of the EXISTING GAS for those loads that would cycle with less gas than the 2 setting (wide open), but more than the 1 setting (most restrictive). It was a great product and lead to what we have today. GF was a "pioneer" of sorts.

Now, people think that plugs "fix" things and buy the Autoplug or V-Plug in hopes that a $25-40 miracle will happen. Not so. The V-Plug is an improvement over the Gunfixr plug by its ability ti adjust the gas in finer increments. The Autoplug eliminates the need to constantly pay attention to what setting the plug is on with different loads and change it with loads that fall within a certain range. I have 4 Autoplugs, and if your weapon is running as it should, they work perfectly if adjusted properly. I have one on my 3 Gun rig if that is any inclination of how much faith I have in the product. Do not expect any gas regulator on the market to make your weapon run with bulk ammo when it wasn't doing it well before. The Autoplug is for convienience and does it's job quite well.

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

Let me start by saying that the Auto Plug is the greatest thing since sliced bread but I had to do ALOT of work before I bought it. I had a for real VODKA gun. Ports not 90 degree with the bore which put one completely covered by the right side of the gas block, they were way undersized compared to my buddies stock S12, hell until I drifted the block off I swore I only had 3 ports. I was actually surprised to find the 4th. Also with the stock plug bottomed out and backed off til the detent clicked it completely sealed off the gas port and turned it into a single shot, I mean no movement of the carrier at all when fired. I had to come out a full turn to get it to cycle 3" slugs. I removed the gas block opened my ports up to 5/64 and only because the gas hole was completely covered I went through the bottom of the gas block and drilled the hole out one drill bit larger to expose hole #4. I was then able to change back to the original recoil spring and it cycled Winchester Universal super low base CRAP Walmart $21.59 out the door for 100rds on setting #4 of my MD Arms V plug with the CSS Puck. Before the gas system mods it would not cycle that shit on #5 with the light spring in. I left the puck because I believe it is lighter on the piston being as it don't have that slack to slam into it but it does cycle it with the stock puck. My Auto Plug is the shit but without the mods it would have been a waste of money. Get your gun running right before you do anything else and drill the damn holes at the correct angle please. I gotta blue Loctite my adjustment screw unless somebody has another way other than staking it but thats it. It's on the way to a dominant 3 gun shotgun. My gun was such a Vodka gun the stock was angled 2" to the left and twisted at the heel and the stock trigger before the conversion wouldn't reset half the time.

Edited by 45Bretired

So I've done everything I'm supposed to do....and it's still not cycling low ammo. Sure the more powerful stuff works but I want everything to work. I've done everything correct...

Anyone else have this happen?

Are you trying to cycle ammo your guns has never cycled or cannot properly cycle with your original plug.. If you gun did not cycle before, no plug or the autoplug is going change that. Learning about your Saiga here on the forum will provide you with the knowledge and insight needed turn your saiga into what it needs to be.

I bought my gun already converted, and it would not fire Federal bulk with the factory plug. I got a V-plug and an MD booster puck and it cycled virtually flawlessly. Now I've swapped the V-plug for one of your Autoplugs and it still runs well. I think there are a lot of options to get these guns running right.

• Like 1

45 Bretired Is the outstanding winner of the I REALLY had a VODKA Speial contest!! Jeesh, man, that was screwed up bigtime!!! I haved heard some tales of woe from those that had purchased bad day guns, but yours takes the cake!!

BUT what makes you and most of the members on this board different from others of the male sex is that you perservered and made it work!!! Kudos on the shotty and your patience!!!

Edited by unclejake

Is your gun broken in?

Have you cycled at least 100-200 rounds of high brass through it yet?

Drum or Mags? I still have a one or two FTE every 4 or 5 drums........never on mags however.

Make sure your adjustment screw on the plug isn't backing out also....loctite that dude!

Have you polished your internals at all? Small reductions in cycling friction can make a huge difference with the Autoplug.

And Finally..........Have you checked your gas ports yet?

Yeah polishing your internals will not eliminate FTE's. Thats ridiculous. It removes friction nothing more.

Before I accept that award unclejake it's only fair that I say once I almost threw it out the window of my truck coming home from a unproductive day at the gun club and once I was looking for a tree to beat it to pieces against. My wife who is an avid shooter and competitor also kept me in line and reassured me that if anybody could make it work it was me. No fellas she doesn't have a sister who is anything like her.

The ports aren't supposed to be 90 degrees to the bore...

I think he just means they were not at 12 o'clock

Yes thats what I meant. Not at 12 oclock. They were at like 1 oclock.

Now see? That's what happens when you assume he meant what he wrote. amazing.gif