my new years resolution clearly isnt working

Picked up my G20 the other day just for some variety and to have a semi auto, mag fed hand cannon. However lately I've gone away from carrying Glocks and M&Ps (polymers) to carrying all steel guns, namely my Smith 5946. Its about 40oz of stainless steel 9mm with a 17 round capacity. Oddly enough I find it more comfortable then my G19 due to its slimmer design. Good belt and a good holster make the weight a non issue. Anyhow, Saturday I stumbled across a police trade in Smith 1006 in 10mm. Traded in my BHP that I couldn't get to run right + some $$ and here she is.

2012-01-29_01-57-03_338.jpg

Sorry don't have a pic of the G20.

Carried the Smith all weekend in a crossbreed holster. Although it weights in at about 50oz I still find its shape to be easier carried then the lighter but bulkier G19.

Took my, new to me, Smith 1006 and Glock 20 to the range today for a function test. I was low on ammo so I only split one box of Blazer 200gr 10mm fmj. Both guns functioned flawlessly but the Smith was a tack driver! I had a few flyers while I got used to the weight and trigger pull. You can see the grouping getting tighter as I got use to the trigger pull. Afterwards all in the center bullseye @15 yards.

20120205110754989.jpg

The Glock was nice but with the same ammo and distance it clearly looses out to the 1006 in the accuracy department.

20120205111357112.jpg

***THIS IS NOT A BASH ON GLOCK*** The Smith is just a more accurate gun. Loved them both. Cant wait to get into the hotter stuff!

Edited by Arik