md drum tab[rear] broke

• 3 months later...

Hey Sparky 63!

Did you figure out a solution.

I purchased a brand new MDArms 20 Rnd drum from Saiga12.com. It arrived broken with the tabs that hold a retainer pin on the rear broken off.

I contacted both MD Arms and Saiga12.com via email and received no responses. Been 2 weeks. I really don't have the funds to pay for shipping back. sigh...

post-42641-0-97530300-1338336344_thumb.jpg

post-42641-0-92448200-1338336350_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've read this thread three times and I'm scratching my head, I've got to ask...every place I've seen these drums for sale they come with three back covers ALL of which have these tabs. Functionally or aesthetically I don't see a big difference between the three. Yeah I'd try to get the cover with the broken tabs replaced but is this a show stopper? Right now if the tabs broke on one of my MD drums I'd have 4 backups. Did the OP throw the cover or the cover and the drum away?

What am I missing?

Not hard to know. If there is a rear tab, there must be a front one. There are front and rear lugs, but only rear plate retention tabs.The definition of "tab" is easy to infer from his subject line.

Also, MD 20s have only been coming with all 3 covers for a few months and CSS had that option for a while before others did.