Arsenal LRBHO s12

Kvar imported a batch of them but that was it. The problem was, that the Russian LRBHO system was designed to be used in conjunction with the magwell, but these didn't come with one. See, the tab that triggers the BHO hangs down into the mag area, so it works with straight in/out mag insertion (magwell type). The rock and lock mags can sometimes snag on the tab, and there were some problems reported with that.

Ideally, if more of them get imported like that, you would just adapt a magwell to them and they would be great.

Kvar imported a batch of them but that was it. The problem was, that the Russian LRBHO system was designed to be used in conjunction with the magwell, but these didn't come with one. See, the tab that triggers the BHO hangs down into the mag area, so it works with straight in/out mag insertion (magwell type). The rock and lock mags can sometimes snag on the tab, and there were some problems reported with that.

Ideally, if more of them get imported like that, you would just adapt a magwell to them and they would be great.

That seems strange to me because the rear of the follower contacts the lever almost exactly the same point everytime on the magwell mag and rock and locks?

I have had no problems.

On the magwell you don't so much have to adapt but install. 2 small rectangular openings beside the mag release and a slot in the front of reciever.

post-23663-0-12219200-1328276848_thumb.jpg

That seems strange to me because the rear of the follower contacts the lever almost exactly the same point everytime on the magwell mag and rock and locks?

I have had no problems.

On the magwell you don't so much have to adapt but install. 2 small rectangular openings beside the mag release and a slot in the front of reciever.

The contact point is the same when the mag is locked in, but I think it is possible to insert the rock-and-lock mag in a limp-wristed manner (short-stroke it?) where the mag can come in contact with the tab and bend it.

I have had no problems.

The contact point is the same when the mag is locked in, but I think it is possible to insert the rock-and-lock mag in a limp-wristed manner (short-stroke it?) where the mag can come in contact with the tab and bend it.

I just looked and the mag cannot be inserted any further than stops / ribs on mag allow

I see no way the mag can damage tab and because it moves upward it further looks like the mag itself cannot contact in any way to damage it?

I have had no problems.

I just looked and the mag cannot be inserted any further than stops / ribs on mag allow

I see no way the mag can damage tab and because it moves upward it further looks like the mag itself cannot contact in any way to damage it?

Yeah, I guess somebody had to get creative to figure out a way to do it wrong, but apparently, if you don't hook the front of the mag in very well, and then sweep the rear of the mag up, it can get behind the tab and then some forward motion can occur that can bend it.

If you put an aftermarket magazine in the gun, it held the bolt open all the time. I don't recall exactly what happened, but even with the factory 5rd mag that came with the gun, it would sometimes fuck up and jam the BHO. I've only had a couple through the shop, so they could not have imported many in that configuration.

Tony

I installed a "k" magwell in mine yesterday. Only one mag came with the IZ-109BHO shotgun and I couldn't get any more. Now I can still use my factory LRBHO. Now the factory rock and lock LRBHO mag can go to someone who only has one mag.

100_2403.jpg

100_2409.jpg

Edited by ARMOR
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...