I've got a .223 Looks like the front sight block has a piece that comes out to the end of the muzzle making it bigger in diameter than the rest of the barrel. Was wondering if this is just slipped on there? Looks like the fsb is pinned on to the barrel. I was wondering if it would be easy to just cut off the end part that is in front of the fs so the barrel diameter would be the same on the muzzle end as the rest of the barrel? Don't want to have to remove the entire fsb to do it though. If it is too much of a pain, I'll leave it as is. I'm just one of those guys that like everything to be perfect. Very small detail that I can live with otherwise. If it is an easy fix I will fix it.

You can use a pipe cutter to remove the FSB shroud in front of the FSB. The barrel isn't painted under the shroud, and I believe It's dimpled on the sides. Which is what's holding it to the barrel. If its like my S223

Pictures would help, but I wouldn't do anything until you get more clarification on this.