My trip to the range was cut short yesterday. After making it through 1 25rd box of Rem reduced recoil 00 buck I locked the bolt back and it got stuck.

The bho did not dissapear inside the reciever the button just stayed half pushed up and the bolt would not release. When I got home I managed to get the Titan/dust cover removed. I then got the bho back down by pulling it with a pair of small rubber tipped pliers.

Using some force I can manually move the bho lever up and down but clearly the spring is not engaged but there is a lot of friction. Is there normally a lot of friction here? I assume no but it can't hurt to ask.

Next steps are gonna be a full takedown and notch for the bho spring. I guess I'll see if there is anything else is wrong in there.

I did some searches and it looks like most people have a different bho problem than this if anyone has any advice for this specific problem I would love to hear it.

Edited by Robocarullo

Some just remove it, I think that there is a fix, something about the spring has to be bent a bit.

I dont know the bend that has to be done. Wait, for the answer form others.

Yea there is a sticky on the S-12 snb forum on how to knoch the BHO and bend the spring. When it happened to me I had to DRIVE out both axis pins breaking my retaining plate to get the BCG to come forward enough so I could take the top cover off I didn't get as lucky as you.

Does it have a factory hammer? Can you post a few pics?

I'll get pics up asap. The FCG is a Tromix g2 single hook.

Take out the Tromix and measure it from side to side where the axis pin goes through it. Do the same with the factory hammer, if you still have it. Post the measurements.

Yea there is a sticky on the S-12 snb forum on how to knoch the BHO and bend the spring. When it happened to me I had to DRIVE out both axis pins breaking my retaining plate to get the BCG to come forward enough so I could take the top cover off I didn't get as lucky as you.

You got luckier than I did, I got the top cover off, but when I pushed the recoil spring out it popped me in the mouth

Well I took her apart last night for the first time since I got her from GB. I found some gritty buildup all over as well as some nasty burrs on a few edges of the bho. I cleaned the hell out of everythng, removed the burrs, put a bend in the bho spring and reassembled. She's working good now.

I'm still not sure why the bho was stuck. As far as I could tell the spring slipped but that does not explain why the bho would not go up into the reciever.Maybe had something to do with the pksition of the safetey?

Anyways I forgot to measure the hammer, next time I take her down I'll check it.

post-36883-0-12143000-1328544204_thumb.jpg

post-36883-0-66108600-1328544301_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robocarullo

I can't tell from your photos, but if you have a MD Arms Molot-style pistol grip, check to make sure it's not getting hung up there. My BHO was getting stuck every now & then and the reason was that grip was just slightly too large & snagged the BHO. I dremeled out just a tiny section near the BHO & now it works flawlessly.

I can't tell from your photos, but if you have a MD Arms Molot-style pistol grip, check to make sure it's not getting hung up there. My BHO was getting stuck every now & then and the reason was that grip was just slightly too large & snagged the BHO. I dremeled out just a tiny section near the BHO & now it works flawlessly.

Here is a better mod for that and it allows easier access to the BHO with the side of the index finger. Done on a belt sander (benchtop type).

post-22401-0-19673800-1328995775_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-30114200-1328995579_thumb.jpg

Sure enough it was that damn grip! You can see where it was rubbing the grip in the picture below. A few minutes with some 320 wet dry did the job. She is working just fine now.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

What type of trigger guard are you using?