Anyone hear from Pauley lately?

I think he is busy trying to keep up with the influx of work. I recently received my parts back from him. Door to door was ~2.5 months. Longer than quoted but definitely worth the wait. He did answer the phone when I called and is a very nice and informative guy.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/72864-anyone-heard-from-pauly-recently/page__fromsearch__1

Edited by JamesM

I just received my parts back from Pauly about an hour ago. Total time about 9 weeks.

He got swamped with work the beginning of December.

Pauly's work is exceptional and is worth the wait.

They are already back in my Saiga. Tomorrow between the Superbowl Brunch and the

Superbowl I will have to run over to the range and run a few rounds through it.

I tried Pauly's port gauges on my 2011 four port gun. Even the .070" would not go in any of

the ports. This fact along with the TAC-47 Auto plug being bottomed out confirms

that my gun is under gassed for the light loads. It did cycle Remington 7.5 bulk from

Wally World in stock form with the Auto plug at its current setting.

I have a MD Arms Booster Puck coming and will try it before I remove the gas block.

I will also polish the rails a little first. I have a set of pin gauges at work to determine

the correct size of the factory drilled ports.

Malodave

My businesses are in a completely different industry, but I think the following statement applies to most businesses. When things catch on, the work comes in. If he isn't posting lately, it probably means he is trying to get work done.

If it makes any of you feel better, I sent two parts out in October to a different company. I could have and have done it myself, but wanted to see how far this company would take the reprofile. My plans have changed now and the gun sits in the safe waiting for the parts to get back so I can sell it.

Please do not ask which company it was. They are probably slammed as well and I am doing my best to understand. I will be happy as long as the parts come back looking nice and I am confident that they will.

Yeah, Ive been wating to send some parts to him seeing if its going to slow down but I really dont see that happening at all. He is top notch and his work load reflects that. Last parts I sent to him where 2 months out and it was well worth waiting for the quality.

• 3 weeks later...

He received my parts 12/7. Calling is the only way to get a hold of him, but that will not speed up your order any. I'm told I should have my parts by early next week.

I will also be receiving a custom 1911 next week that was originally quoted 20-24 weeks but ended up at 54 weeks!!

I hope my RJF shorty doesn't go that far over quote...

Edited by ZZ33

Catching up on emails for a few hours today.

I don't get to the forum much lately.

Calling works if I'm awake, but I tend to work until 6am & sleep till 12 west coast time.

If calls are missed, try later.

If there's ever a message saying the phone's out of service, it'll be on again the next day. Business line is a pre-paid AT&T so reverse directory assistance gives any tweekers who see the # on the net & want to try to rob me only get the radioshack where I picked up the phone's address. Once it ran out of funds without my knowledge, once I lost the cell-phone for a day, once the phone died & I didn't realize it for a couple days.

I'm calling customers to give tracking #'s & expected delivery dates when shipped. I'm also shipping USPS Express mail next-day air (on single sets) to cut down time from a 7 day ship to the east coast with fed-ex ground to a 1 day ship. (2 day to rural areas)

Also throwing in bonuses to make up for delays.

Trying to filter work lately.

Trying to figure out how to filter work without raising fees.

My main issue, is I can't depend on assistants to do jack-shit, so I do EVERYTHING.

Not even media blasting.

I have to give 1 set out at a time & micro-manage so parts don't get mixed up due to people's inattention.

Can't even have people fill out shipping labels lest they screw up & it'd cost me the price of a new gun to fix the screw up.

Can't have people on my PC, because I don't want to be defrauded... Again. (got hit for $700.00 12-21-2011 from that)

If anybody has any suggestions on how to filter work so only customers who want the best get in, so I can maintain a sane workload without raising fees to the point where the working stiff can't afford my work I'm all ears.

Right now, I figure the need for persistence to get parts to me filters out the impatient, but I really don't like that.

That being said, I can't stop work every hour right after I get into a groove to answer messages.

The distraction screws my rhythm up & it's hard to get the rhythm back & cruise through work.

Fuckin' ADD dry.png

In short, everything I release is looking like it came from the factory with the modifications.

I blew some brick & mortar gunsmiths away when they saw GlassBolt & IceRack.

Stuff's taking longer than expected during the winter rush, but trust me when I say, it'll be worth the wait.

There's no competing whatsoever with Pauly's Steelin Custom Fab when it comes to the services I perform from what I've seen.

Sorry for the delays.

Pauly

P.S.

Summer's quicker from what I've seen if you can wait to ship till then.

Everybody wants to shoot during the summer, so they hold off on shipping parts till fall.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That's why I sent him a spare trigger, I can still shoot and he can take his time. I know that can't be done with bolts and carriers but as far as that goes, I do my own. Everything that I've ever seen of his kicks ass, so even though we've got to wait a bit, I'm sure it will be WELL worth it!

• 1 month later...

Trying to filter work lately.

Trying to figure out how to filter work without raising fees.

IMHO, you've been under-charging from the start.

Raise your rates and run specials once in a while when things get slow.

• Like 1

I recently drove to see Pauly at his shop in Portland.

I drove 235 miles one way,to have some Saiga 12 work done.

Had my Saiga 12 converted 2 years ago, locally, and it never ran well.

Was glad I made the 470 mile round trip in one day!

Got to see his Incredible work, up close and personal!

I can tell you, Pauly is the Saiga 12 Man!

And trust me, his Quality work, is worth the wait!

Oh, and Yes, he is Extremely Busy!

Can't wait to get my parts back also, again, worth waiting for!

So, my advice, is sit back, relax and know that your Saiga 12, will be Rocking and Rolling, before you know it!

Pauly, if you see this, thankyou for letting me stop in and visit!!!

Mike O.

• Like 1

I recently drove to see Pauly at his shop in Portland.

I drove 235 miles one way,to have some Saiga 12 work done.

Had my Saiga 12 converted 2 years ago, locally, and it never ran well.

Was glad I made the 470 mile round trip in one day!

Got to see his Incredible work, up close and personal!

I can tell you, Pauly is the Saiga 12 Man!

And trust me, his Quality work, is worth the wait!

Oh, and Yes, he is Extremely Busy!

Can't wait to get my parts back also, again, worth waiting for!

So, my advice, is sit back, relax and know that your Saiga 12, will be Rocking and Rolling, before you know it!

Pauly, if you see this, thankyou for letting me stop in and visit!!!

Mike O.

What did Pauly end up doing to your gun?

He kept all my parts for the glass bolt polishing.

He also did some work on my Saiga, while in Portland.

My Saiga is the 3 hole and was always very undergassed.

So, he polished my reciever rails, feedramp and drilled my gas ports to the correct diameter!

WOW, this work was TOP NOTCH!

So, now just waiting for my glassbolt.

He also suggested the CSS performance puck and a MD Arms Molot grip, which I have since installed.

A way better grip than the SAW grip I had on there, it would always move on me.

Pauly knows his shit!

Can't wait to get my parts back.

This Saiga is gonna run like a raped ape!

Thanks again to Pauly!!!

Mike O.