Got a shipping notice for my order from Brownells. It's coming UPS Ground.

It's been a day or two, and it has already left the original departure location and has a hit a few places along it's journey here. So I know it's not a case of "They just have the shipping info, but it didn't actually leave yet" like when you first get the tracking #.

But there's no estimated arrival date, or weight of the packake and all of that stuff that it usually shows on the tracking.

I've had tons of things delivered to me via UPS Ground, and never seen a tracking like this.

Ah, interesting. Never seen it before.

When I put my order in, it was light enough to qualify for Brownells cheap shipping, which came out to like $5 (there's only a TLR-1s and some springs in the order). It was originally supposed to come First Class USPS Mail. Then I got an update email, saying it didn't qualify for it. So I guess they decided to use the cheapest UPS shipping, in order to keep my original shipping quote the same. That's the only thing I can think of.

One more question.........

I was just trying to look up this type of shipping, and some of the things I read said that UPS drops it off at the post office and the post office does the final delivery. Is that how it worked with you guys?

WTF. So the tracking updated, and now it's got all the info; weight, arrival date, etc.

But it's showing the "Shipped" date as today, even though it's showing multiple stops along the way from the original destination. It's also showing a delivery date of 2/9, but it says it's on schedule for an early delivery date of 2/8.

Weirdest tracking ever, lol.

I'm wondering if Brownells has mutiple warehouses or something, and one of my parts was not in stock at one or the other, so they had to have my package hit 2 different warehouses.

Yeah for multiple days mine said "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

In fact, today it still says that. I think they haven't shipped it because they don't want to admit that they don't have it physically available yet to ship. The label is prolly just laying on a desk or pinned up on a cork-board somewhere.

:)

i got a tc encore barrel sent out to me in new zealand just before christmas(not from brownells), it arrived 3 weeks later, usps tracking still shows it still in america? their international tracking is sometimes spot on, i have read that it been delevered and its sitting in my mail box, other times its not updated untill long after the parcel has arrived.

From my understanding...UPS gave the post office a "bail-out" with a contractual obligation to take some of UPS's volume. I believe its call UPS Basic, and for Fedex "Smart post". For the most part its the same service except that one extra day is added to go from the UPS facility to the USPS facitiy once it reaches its desination...then USPS completes the delivery. For me its good because USPS comes earilier then UPS when it comes to residentual deliveries.

As far as tracking info its usually the shippers responsibity to fill out weight and the specifics of the package. What it looks like to me is that the shipper was slacking on inputing thier data into the UPS tracking system. They updated thier end after the package was already in transit.

-EnzNow

Edited by EnzNow