I recently had the same problem with a retaining plate. Kind of disappointing that it can't be put in an envelope and sent to you. I guess I'll be the first to say that in my opinion that is laziness and shitty customer service, I will not spend any more of my money there again. Yup, I'm still bitter. Rant off.

Anyway, I found another source to buy my retaining plate but I originally started a thread titled "anyone ordering from CSS". I had good response from members here wanting to help, but it may take a few days to catch someone before they order. Good luck to you.

• 2 months later...

You can not ship items first class with most online shipping tools.

My post office is about 30 minutes away and it cost me about $5 in gas to drive to it. My off time is too important to give up an hour for a cheap part.

I expect a lot of people are in the same situation as me, so don't be so harsh with out trying to understand everything that's involved

Edited by Boba Debt

You can not ship items first class with most online shipping tools.

My post office is about 30 minutes away and it cost me about $5 in gas to drive to it. My off time is too important to give up an hour for a cheap part.

I expect a lot of people are in the same situation as me, so don't be so harsh with out trying to understand everything that's involved

I understand that, but, If you put a stamp on an envelope and leave it in your mailbox the postal carrier will come to you and get it, now this will only work with small items, but would work with a BHO spring. There is no need to go to the post office for some things, just say'n. Hell, if you thought it might be a little heavy, put 2 stamps on it.

It's even easier for some businesses... I used to ship stuff from a former job by handing packages and letters directly to the letter carrier. When she delivered packages and mail, she came in through our loading dock entrance, delivered, asked for outgoing stuff, and left.

Do you seriously think a bussiness can ship an item that way??

1. Take bolt hold open spring and place in envelope
  2. Address envelope to person you would like to receive item
  3. Place stamp on envelope
  4. Place letter in your mailbox and postal worker will pick it up when they drop your mail off

Well the business has a PO box so this won't work. Bullshit! Business owner can take it home and leave it in their personal mailbox!

It is very simple, probably easier than placing in a box to send UPS.

What an incredibly naive and ignorant comment.

Let me point out a few issues you don’t seem to understand about a business

1. They must have a way to track their shipments. Most use software that creates the invoice and shipping label from the info you provide at check out. It would be time consuming to manually address hundreds, if not thousands of envelopes a year and then have no way to know if the item was received.

2. They must have a way to account for the inventory and postage so it can be used as a deduction for tax purposes. Most invoicing tools can automatically generate reports for this. If you think it's no big deal to not account for the stamps need to ship hundreds, if not thousands of items that cost less then $5 then you have no idea of how tight profit margins are.

3. Selling a item that costs less then $5 is a total PITA and they probably do not make enough off of that part to even justify the time it takes to ship it with their invoicing/shipping system, and you expect them to work outside of their system to save you a couple bucks for a part you either lost or messed up. Most places that offer those parts hope they are sold in conjunction with other parts, but that doesn't always happen.

4. Businesses can not ship small but bulky items (spring / nut. etc) in a regular envelope. The sorting equipment at the post office will eat it as it goes through the shoots. For that reason they bubble envelopes. The cheapest I have been able to find them is about 50 cents per envelope for 1000 envelopes. Priority mail boxes are free, therefore they save the business money and reduce accounting process since they do not have to track the inventory of them for tax purposes.

5. If you think they are just tying to screw you over on shipping to make more money, you're an idiot. I just bought a bunch of stuff from MAA and my total shipping cost was around $11 shipped via priority mail. Flat rate boxes have fixed pricing and it starts at about $4.90. Then you have to add the cost of insurance that starts at $1.70. It should be easy to see how any priority mail package would start at $6.60.

These are just a few issues you fail to see, but if you really want to understand what I am talking about. Set a hundred small items on your shop table and then take the time to address 20 of them per day for 5 days. You can either do it by hand or with a computer. While you are doing this consider that each of those items sold for $3-$5 and you probably made at the most 20% profit (very high estimation) It will not take long for you to understand that it's a lot of work for $20.

We will NOT ship anything in an envelope because you will NOT get it. We have shipped that way in the past and had to reship every 9 out of 10 orders because they never made it. Postal machines destroy envolpes with parts in them.

There is nothing lazy about it. You will not find anyone who ships an items in a Priority box with a delivery confirmation number and insurance for less than the $8.95 we charge.

What an incredibly naive and ignorant comment.

Let me point out a few issues you don’t seem to understand about a business

1. They must have a way to track their shipments. Most use software that creates the invoice and shipping label from the info you provide at check out. It would be time consuming to manually address hundreds, if not thousands of envelopes a year and then have no way to know if the item was received.

2. They must have a way to account for the inventory and postage so it can be used as a deduction for tax purposes. Most invoicing tools can automatically generate reports for this. If you think it's no big deal to not account for the stamps need to ship hundreds, if not thousands of items that cost less then $5 then you have no idea of how tight profit margins are.

3. Selling a item that costs less then $5 is a total PITA and they probably do not make enough off of that part to even justify the time it takes to ship it with their invoicing/shipping system, and you expect them to work outside of their system to save you a couple bucks for a part you either lost or messed up. Most places that offer those parts hope they are sold in conjunction with other parts, but that doesn't always happen.

4. Businesses can not ship small but bulky items (spring / nut. etc) in a regular envelope. The sorting equipment at the post office will eat it as it goes through the shoots. For that reason they bubble envelopes. The cheapest I have been able to find them is about 50 cents per envelope for 1000 envelopes. Priority mail boxes are free, therefore they save the business money and reduce accounting process since they do not have to track the inventory of them for tax purposes.

5. If you think they are just tying to screw you over on shipping to make more money, you're an idiot. I just bought a bunch of stuff from MAA and my total shipping cost was around $11 shipped via priority mail. Flat rate boxes have fixed pricing and it starts at about $4.90. Then you have to add the cost of insurance that starts at $1.70. It should be easy to see how any priority mail package would start at $6.60.

These are just a few issues you fail to see, but if you really want to understand what I am talking about. Set a hundred small items on your shop table and then take the time to address 20 of them per day for 5 days. You can either do it by hand or with a computer. While you are doing this consider that each of those items sold for $3-$5 and you probably made at the most 20% profit (very high estimation) It will not take long for you to understand that it's a lot of work for $20.

I would have preferred a flat rate box for my $12 MD arms molot grip instead of another $8.95.....dont know of any postal machine that could have destroyed that.......and I didnt exactly get the customer service with the responses to my questions I received in my emails from the company either.....but then again no one can be perfect 100% of the time

EDIT: fromxtor Started reading the comments and lost sight of the fact that is was a WTB and not just a regular topic.....sorry for contributing to throwing your ad off topic......

Edited by Saiga Power

I would have preferred a flat rate box for my $12 MD arms molot grip instead of another $8.95.....dont know of any postal machine that could have destroyed that.......and I didnt exactly get the customer service with the responses to my questions I received in my emails from the company either.....but then again no one can be perfect 100% of the time

EDIT: fromxtor Started reading the comments and lost sight of the fact that is was a WTB and not just a regular topic.....sorry for contributing to throwing your ad off topic......

The $8.95 is our flat rate shipping no matter what you buy. You sent 4 emails and I answered every one of them. You were trying to do something that would not work easily without modifcations. I just did not give you the answer you were looking for so it must be bad customer service. That is what I get for answering emails and trying to help.

• Like 1