Mag catch that works for saiga.

Its time to put in a new mag catch. I filed mine down just a cunt hair too much, at least a year ago. Now its winter and I have the time to make everything perfect.

I got one a while ago and its WAY too long, but will work if I take like 1/4in off, and fit it. Is there a way to know that the next one I buy will fit decently??

Well, I had to make the catch work. Alot of dremel and files. Replacing the mag catch was a tough one. Getting it out was easy, but getting the spring and pin in was a huge pain in the ass. Also flattening the ends of the pin was a pain, just trying to figure out how to do it. But a hammer and a masons point and a brick did just fine. It took me 4 hours.

Use a small gauge wire or small allen wrench to get the catch and spring lined up. There is so much slop in the holes that way you can almost do it without compressing the spring at all. Then just use the replacement pin to push the small gauge wire out through the holes. Its pretty easy that way. A little late but maybe it will help the next guy ).

The thing that took the longest was compressing the spring and getting the pin thru all the way (and excessive fitting of a mag catch that isnt really made for a saiga rifle). It was blood, sweat and tears for a a few minutes, but I figured it out. I had to trap the spring inside the catch with a small piece of metal the exact width of the catch, so the spring couldnt go anywhere. Then just get the pin started. I also had no idea how to make the pin 'rivet', so that took a while to think thru as well.