Product Review Concealed Carry Vest

Had been looking for a good vest that could be worn summer and winter. Needed to be able to hold more than one firearm and have space for magazines and anything else I might want to add. Came across the Rothco 8567 plainclothes concealed carry vest.

8567_BIG.jpg

Fabric is cotton / Poly blend, vented and mesh back. Nice and light, easy to wear under a coat and not too hot on the sunny days. Pockets (7) inside and (17) out. My wife has one of these and no longer carries a purse. That should give you a hint, it can carry a lot.

Specs:

60% COTTON - 40% POLY

FABRIC IS SAME AS USED ON OUR RANGER VESTS BUT BASIC STYLE IS SAME AS OUR ITEM 7570 DELUXE SAFARI OUTBACK VEST WITH MODIFICATIONS

MESH LINING ON BACK ONLY (MATCHES OUTER SHELL)

VENTED BACK (THREE SLITS)

ZIPPER FRONT w/DOUBLE ZIPPER

TAB WITH SINGLE SNAP CLOSURE AT WAIST (CROSSES OVER ZIPPER)

16 FRONT POCKETS WITH ZIPPER, AND HOOK & LOOP CLOSURES

TAB WITH D-RING ON FRONT RIGHT BREAST POCKET

2 LARGE INTERIOR FRONT POCKETS (HOOK & LOOP CLOSURE)

4 INTERIOR MAG POUCHES w/HOOK & LOOP FLAP CLOSURE

1 INTERIOR REAR POCKET WITH ZIPPER CLOSURE

1 EXTERIOR REAR CARGO POCKET W/THREE HOOK & LOOP CLOSURES

ADJUSTABLE WAIST WITH TABS (HIDDEN IN REAR CARGO POCKET WHEN NOT IN USE) ATTACH TO TABS WITH DOUBLE D-RINGS ON EACH SIDE OF WAIST

SMALL SLITS ON EACH SIDE, LOCATED AT HEM

AVAILABLE IN KHAKI OR BLACK

So let’s do a load up!

DSC01638.jpg

1911 and two extra mags, XD 45 and two extra mags, Ruger LCP and two extra mags.

DSC01641.jpg

Inside left prior to loading, the large pocket has been modified with a soft carry holster. I did this to help keep the firearm in place during any movements. Bending down all the way without it and the firearm would come out. This is my normal carry pocket, so that’s why it is there.

DSC01642.jpg

XD 45 in the left pocket

DSC01643.jpg

Extra mags

DSC01644.jpg

Left inside loaded

DSC01645.jpg

1911 and two extra mags loaded on the right inside

DSC01647.jpg

Ruger LCP right front exterior pocket

DSC01648.jpg

Extra mags right front exterior blind pocket

DSC01649.jpg

Full load on me front

DSC01650.jpg

Back

Now do I carry all of that all of the time? No, I usually carry the XD45 and the Ruger with an extra mag for each. The full load is pretty heavy and not necessary where I live. However I can if I want to.

The size I have is a large; I normally wear an XL long shirt. So if you get one keep in mind it runs a size large than the number.

Cost was $55 from ultimatearmynavy, which for a concealed vest is not bad. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Got a EOTAC operator grade field jacket that works pretty good too. Interior pockets and elastic loops to hold the mags, and the thing has a kinda half-zip so you can access the interior quickly. Really like that vest of yours though!

Edited by Jpanzer

That is the first thing I thought when I saw this. It is the opposite of concealed carry. It makes you look like you have guns or maybe contraband whether or not you do.

• Like 1

Every time I see someone with a vest ,and no camera, I tell them that they are printing badly and walk away.

I don't get them? I carry a full sized 45 in a supertuck with a lcp backpocket, t-shirts and shorts with no issues. I'm 6'3 220. Its not that difficult to carry and not look like a weirdo.

• Like 1

I think open carry would be less obvious that you are carrying a gun(s).........anybody ever seen the movie "Tremors"?

To each his own, but every time I see somebody wearing one I think of giant worms.....

post-32211-0-71607000-1328501307.jpg

post-32211-0-52191500-1328501320.jpg

Edited by armory
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if I agree that wearing a vest of this type only reveals that you are carrying. Only a small percentage of the general population is going to pay any attention at all to what you are wearing. Only a tiny fraction of those will even know that a concealment vest even exists. Of those, and if they even care, they are still going to be guessing. And to top it all off, so what if the occaisional knowledgable gun person does figure it out? That's going to happen no matter how you are carrying. I concealed carry every day and I can tell you this vest wouldn't make me bat an eye. I don't have the kind of free time it would take to be sizing up every Tom, Dick, and Harry about their carry status unless there is a reason for me to believe a person poses some kind of risk.

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 1

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

Too funny, I figured this would be the response. I don't really care if someone knows I am carrying or not, I would actually prefer open carry. But that is not legal where I am at. I already look like a weirdo without the vest, so no damage there. Not sure why anyone would think I have contraband because of it??

The movie quotes are great Sobchak and large worms haha.gifhaha.gif No Indiana Jones?

As far as the supertuck and back pocket goes, I see people all of the time with the outline in the pocket, the billowing shirt and always the shot of the tuck when they bend over or the wind kicks up the shirt. If ya pay attention, there are a lot more people carrying than you think.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.