Are Saiga 7.62x39 Ready to Fire Out of the Box

LMAO, Already have the Ammo, just need to load it, LOL Good one JBhaha.gif Any suggestions on what to use to get the oil off? I have rem oil.

Don't just throw oil over oil. You need some type of degreeser like hoppes #9, break free clp, soap and water etc etc

Mine had a broken piece of bolt tucked inside the gas block, next to the gas piston. Probably would have come out if I fired it but who needs a piece of steel bouncing around inside the receiver. I found it while cleaning the packing oil off of everything.

The short answer is YES.

When I purchased mine I didn't know it was regulated. I showed up ready to take her home and clean her. BUT they told me "sorry. come back in 7 days" Since I owned her already I bought some ammo right there (Fiocchi) and put 40 rounds through her. She ran flawless. I had almost no packing goop on her when we unboxed her.

So yes they are ready to shoot out of the box. Ideal? No. Ready? Yes

Edited by Drnknmnky13

Personally, IMO it's always a good idea to READ the instructions first, understand the instructions, field strip the weapon as far down as you feel comfortable, inspect and clean the parts (if needed), put the weapon back together and then go shoot it.

People work in manufacturing facilities and sometimes people do make mistakes. When it comes to firearms, it never hurts to give the weapon a good inspection BEFORE you fire it.

Edited by charlieschoice
  • Like 1

Personally, IMO it's always a good idea to READ the instructions first, understand the instructions, field strip the weapon as far down as you feel comfortable, inspect and clean the parts (if needed), put the weapon back together and then go shoot it.

People work in manufacturing facilities and sometimes people do make mistakes. When it comes to firearms, it never hurts to give the weapon a good inspection BEFORE you fire it.

Sound Advice.

I took mine down when I first got it. I didn't see what seemed like a lot of oil or grease (I've cleaned and shot Bulgarian AKs before so I knew what it should look like) and that being the case, I took it out and fired it with zero cleaning. Everything went okay.

Did the same thing with my Saiga when I picked it up.

Let's face it, even if you don't know what you're doing, it's not like an AK takes forever to do a basic strip and go over it. Less than a minute of prevention can save a world of cure.

I ran a snake down the barrel of my 308 and my ak but I didn't clean my ak before I got shot it...big mistake apparently there was a thin amount of anti rust and some how when I shot it, it squirted out like I was getting sprayed like a cat. Not fun the fumes really sucked and had to stop shooting. so lesson learned I hosed it in birchwood and casey spray cleaner and sure was spiffy clean.

• Like 1

What an awesome site, thanks for all yer inputs. I went ahead and wiped out all the accessive oil on and in there. Got myself one of those bore snakes which is pretty damn kick ass I must say. Ran that through from the inside out. So come Sat. morn. I'm gonna be in the middle of BFE with some buddies and put her to the test. Can't wait.