factory forearm

So currently there are no choices for afterrarket forearms. I'm sure it wont be long though. Can rails be mounted on the factory forearm. Maybe using Magpuls screw on rails?

Deleted....wrong section

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So currently there are no choices for afterrarket forearms.

These hand guards are available, and are drilled & tapped to add more rails on the right side and bottom.

6724172973_9c022721a3.jpg

Now that's what i'm talking about!!!!! Looks sweet!!!! Very close to my plans exactly, right down to the Barska. I have the same one i took off my cantilever 11-87. It's going on my 1919.

Nate

I dont think Firebird is selling parts to individuals at this time. Two reasons. One he only has so many at this point and they are dedicated for full blown race guns. And two he is having issues with some of the parts he HAS sold to people by them calling him because they cant put them on without calling him numerous times. Cant say I blame him.

Im bet he will start selling them again when he has more inventory and Im in no way trying to speak for him. Call to ask but dont be insulted if he wont sell them as stand alone parts for now.

• 5 months later...

After saving my pennies and checking the couch for loose change I called Firebird in May for one of their extended mags. Nancy at Firebird told me they had one of their trick forearms available for purchase as well. She also said that they wouldn't be having the forearms made as a milled out hunk of aluminum anymore and that any new ones when they were available would be cast. So I snapped one of those up too and in a move to save a little green I had her hold the forearm till the magazine was done and please ship them together. After a few calls for the order status and several weeks passing by I asked if she would please send me the forearm and I'd continue waiting for the mag. I received the forearm in the next few days and then lo and behold the mag shows up later that week! Almost a 3 month wait but where else ya gonna go? The forearm with the HK style bolt operation is great however I did have to file it to fit over the barrel where it meets the receiver. It made the Akdal noticeably more muzzle heavy but what really surprised me was how heavy the mag is. I guess aluminum isn't as light as I thought it would be.

Do I sound unhappy? I'm not. But I am a little disappointed. I looked and found what I wanted. No one else on the planet had the accessories I wanted just to begin to bring this weapon up to it's potential. I admit it tried my patience, it was expensive. I need to get to the range and maybe then I can find some closure and feel more positive about this experience. I think I will feel better just as soon as I make it go BOOM again!

Edited by BuggedOut
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...