Conversion Jitters

I just ordered the complete pistol grip convertion kit from CSS. Is that really everthing I need? If I follow their videos will it get me completely through the pistol grip conversion? I have one other question. what is the issue (mistake) that sometimes causes it go into fully automatic fire?

I'm sure when the kits comes in I will have way more questions. But I have to do this. I have been putting it off for months.

• Like 1

I used these videos on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waj8aLz-xY4 . There are three videos total. Just play the first one until the end and the others will come up as options to watch when it is over. You may want to view them several times before you start. Pay close attention to the parts and placement of those parts. I converted my rifle in less than 2 hours total.

Edited by muvef

The only thing you need to worry about is putting back in the shepherds spring it has to fit just right into the slots in your fcg pins and I would suggest polishing any surfaces that touch metal to metal so the complete action is smooth and without a hitch. Especially the bolt and carrier and obviously the fcg , but don't forget to polish the pins since they go through the fcg.. Good luck and take your time and if you get stuck ask questions.

Buy a tapco retainer plate.. It will save you LOADS of time and is easier to deal with then the shepherds spring. I did my first conversion including repainting the bottom of the receiver and it took about 4 hours... 2 hours for the paint to dry... Easy as can be.. I now can do the conversion without watching any videos...

I just ordered the complete pistol grip convertion kit from CSS. Is that really everthing I need? If I follow their videos will it get me completely through the pistol grip conversion? I have one other question. what is the issue (mistake) that sometimes causes it go into fully automatic fire?

I'm sure when the kits comes in I will have way more questions. But I have to do this. I have been putting it off for months.

If you get your parts from CSS and follow the steps in the video, you'll have no problems with "automatic fire". :)