Ha Ha PK-A Red Dots suck.

I got a PK-A Reddot with a Bulgy AK I bought, and I thought I'd try it out on my Saiga-12. (w/ 2 3/4"slugs)

Big Mistake!

I made it fairly tight on the side rail and after a couple of shots it popped off. So then I tightened it some more and sighted it in. I decided to run it at my rifle league and after 2 shots it came flying off the rifle again and I had to run the entire course with irons. (which leave much to be desired since they aren't all that adjustable).

The scope didn't retain that much damage considering it was launched about 6ft onto concrete. Just a couple of scuffs. I didn't think much of it and later I really tightened it down so it wouldn't fly off anymore.

So then I took my Saiga 12 to the range to shoot some slugs. I shot maybe 10rds and then the red dot started moving all over the place. Fed up, I cased the gun and shot my less Ghetto guns.

I didn't really think about it much and then today I decided I should pull the junky scope off since it was adding unneeded weight to the shotgun. I messed around with it, and couldn't seem to get the reddot to show up at all....

Then I noticed something. The front lens was missing from the sight!!!! :eek: This leaves nothing for the led light to bounce off of and create the red dot. DOH! I don't know how this lens was kept in place, but it seems that it was probably held in by an E-clip of some sort, or possibly just some kind of epoxy. (I know that it had some sort of sealant to make it airtight)

Seems pretty crappy that a simple thing like a red dot couldn't handle a drop and the recoil from some slugs. Oh well, better now than at some "critical" moment. I think an aimpoint will probably be much more durable.

So far, my experience with Russian optics, is that they are pretty awful. I also have a PSOP scope that walks all over the place. (actually moving the point of impact between a couple places consistently.) Poor Russian soldiers, Having to deal with junk optics, no wonder they lost the cold war. :lolol:

Well, I'm not talking about stuff I heard, just my own personal experience. I know that I like to hear peoples experiences with accessories, especially if they are bad. It sucks to drop $$$ on junk. I don't baby my firearms, and I expect them to be able to pass a drop test. Both my AR-15's have accidentally fallen and have no loss of zero (and definitely haven't fallen apart). And I expect the reason for this is that the price of these optics reflect their quality.

Naw, you can keep your $20 I'll find some sucker at the gunshow who will pay more. :lolol: