• 1 month later...

Samal made just enough to pay for his personal GK-01. I consider that small amount to be nonprofit. The site Admin closed him down unless he paid the monthly business membership. Samal was providing a service to Saiga owners on this forum to obtain something that is not available in the US. I thought this site was all about helping Saiga owners. Apparently the business members didn't like it. If they offered something that was the same in function, performance, and price we would buy from them. I haven't seen anything close.

Not really sure how this is different from a person who sells their stuff on this site -- sure it may be a collection of different stuff but they are selling it piece by piece and trying to make a profit on each piece. Is this a distinction without a difference??? Mods could you clear this up for me??? Seems we either have to close down the want to buy and sell section or let Samal continue...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!

I started a thread about if Samal was Tossed - it was hot -- over 30 replies in 2 days. Most supported Samal's position. Mod Juggernaut jumped in and posted that, Yup Samal was tossed and it was none of our business. Okay, fine. It's your sandbox, we just get the pleasure to play in it. But get this -- someone then deleted the whole thread. Man oh man, somehow Samal must have found a way to psychically take a pair of pliers to someones short and curly's. Samal has now become "he who must not be named." Strange how people get a bug up the browneye at times...

too bad. I can see both sides of the issue. It seems like a fine line. I've toyed with offering some minor parts and services in my spare time, but the profit for me would have been about what the monthly business fee is, so it wasn't worth it for me.

There are some guys on the WTS section that seem to be the permanent yard sale, and I have never seen them post. I have done business with one (twice). They are operating a business as non-members more blatantly than samal was.

thread was moved to political by another mod..

I serve a simple function here... I do what I am asked to do.. no more, no less..

I am not trying to undermine decisions you guys had to make. It's a fine line. I am just dissapointed to see him gone, especially when it looked mostly like he was trying to do people a favor. I suppose it was inevitable though. Either he gets tired of the hassle of risky transactions for free or he makes money and functions as a business. Sooner or later there would have been a group buy that didn't get through customs, and a bunch of people would be cranky. Looks like it ended over the second option.