Father Responds to Daughter's Facebook Rant

Watch this to the end, for a ending with a Bang... Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

I applaud this Father!

If that was my daughter she'd be finding her bedroom with bare walls, a bed, a dresser and 7 changes of basic clothing, she would have three nutritious meals per day and medical/dental care.

No access to any electronic gizmos, no visitor privileges, a strict curfew and that would be about it... Want anything else? Get a job ya lil'bitch!

http://www.litefm.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=421220&article=9738000

• Like 7

Been there, done that.

I think one of our biggest faults a society is that for so many generations we have tried to give our kids a better life than the generation had before.

As a result many have kids now feel such a sense of entitlement that it has gotten out of control.

This is one of many issues our society faces.

• Like 5

sad thing is she's probably already so spoiled she will think its all his fault

+1 chili for sharing

+100 to the dad for trying to raise his kid right

Just about guarantee she'll blame her parents.

Been there, done that.

I think one of our biggest faults a society is that for so many generations we have tried to give our kids a better life than the generation had before.

As a result many have kids now feel such a sense of entitlement that it has gotten out of control.

I used to bitch and hold a bit of a grudge against my Dad and older sister... She was Daddies Girl, and got a lot of what she wanted and everything she needed.

I on the other hand, got the short end of the stick, had to work for what I wanted and a lot of what I needed, been working steadily since I was 14.

I now know & realize that my Dad was raising me to take care of myself & my future family, to work hard, to be responsible, to take charge, make life & financial decisions.

My Dad is gone now... Thanks Dad!

Our children do not get an allowance, they get paid to do chores and more.

No work, no pay, break the rules, lose money, show your ass, lose money.

We do not buy them 95% of their toys, they buy them with their earned money.

I see my 13 & 6 yr'ol sons make regular decisions on whether to spend or save, buy the impulse buy or save for what they really want.

Our 3 yr'ol daughter is learning fast.

For large items, over $40.00, we meet them halfway.

They know and appreciate the value of a dollar, and they're willing to work for that dollar.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 6

I've been very lucky. Whenever my kids started down that road, I just pointed out everything they have, and get to do

because I work and supply them with their lifestyle they have.

Then I point at the front door and assure them that I can and I will toss them

and anything I don't want cluttering "my house" out into the night.

I also tell them I love them very much and they can call me some day when I'm not still pissed.

This seems to have worked well.011.gif I always got the results I wanted. Both kids show alot of respect.

Been there, done that.

I used to bitch and hold a bit of a grudge against my Dad and older sister... She was Daddies Girl, and got a lot of what she wanted and everything she needed.

I on the other hand, got the short end of the stick, had to work for what I wanted and a lot of what I needed, been working steadily since I was 14.

I now know & realize that my Dad was raising me to take care of myself & my future family, to work hard, to be responsible, to take charge, make life & financial decisions.

My Dad is gone now... Thanks Dad!

Our children do not get an allowance, they get paid to do chores and more.

No work, no pay, break the rules, lose money, show your ass, lose money.

We do not buy them 95% of their toys, they buy them with their earned money.

I see my 13 & 6 yr'ol sons make regular decisions on whether to spend or save, buy the impulse buy or save for what they really want.

Our 3 yr'ol daughter is learning fast.

For large items, over $40.00, we meet them halfway.

They know and appreciate the value of a dollar, and they're willing to work for that dollar.

Been doing the same thing with my son. I used to meet him half way on big ticket items, but I told him when he became a teenager that he'd have to learn to pay for the big ticket items on his own. It worked, he saved up to buy his Saiga 410, and a 22 rifle more recently. We gave him the conversion parts for the 410 for Christmas. I know he appreciates what he has more than many of his freinds do, and he takes better care of his belongings as a result. He also knows that you have to work you ass off to make in life because the government shouldn't do it for you.

• Like 2

sounds like a typical 15 year old girl, they all think they have life figured out and the parents are so stupid, (I raised two of them), I'll bet she learned a lesson she needed to learn, I say thumbs up! he got his point across, and issued her punishment, no yelling, screaming or hitting. parental disrespect to me is the worst thing a child can do. granted I could not afford to destroy her laptop, but if I could it would sure get the point across, that her disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated to any extent.

applause.gif

Edited by universal_exports
  • Like 1

Dad has anger management issues. Daughter might be a little bitch, but I think it's a case of monkey see monkey do on this one...

haha.gif so he can expect a grandson with a dog collar haha.gif Come on Jpanzer he let his anger out on a inanimate object. There are a whole bunch of people who need to learn how to do that.

• Like 4

I think the Dad is spot-on. Unless I misread the blog reply posts to the website, the majority of posters praised him for his stance.

But. . . I found myself wishing he had not pulled out his .45 pistol to shoot-up his daughter's laptop computer. . . visually dramatic and effective, yes. But depending on who the video viewer is (with all the libtards sucking the oxygen out of this country), I think it was a poor decision on his part.

A friggen sledge hammer to the laptop computer would have delivered his message equally as well.

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

Little brat deserved to have her computer taken away. I would probably delete her facebook untill she was 18 and could make her own decisions. Seems like he should have calmed down a litle bit first though. He almost seemed like he was stuttering because he was so mad. Poor guy was fumeing.

He should have taken a sledge hammer to it though. The exploding hollow points comment was too much

• Like 2

Cudos to the dad. I bet if she saves up to eventually buy her own laptop, or phone or whatever, she'll take care of it. Not saying she didn't take care of the stuff her parents bought for her (I don't know), only that she'll value what she paid for.

I agree with Gary that some liberal types might focus on the gun and try to say "she's in danger" or "that man shouldn't have a gun", etc. Hopefully response will be mostly positive.

I think I can agree with the combination of the above opinions. He needed to do that, but she learned it from him. Shooting the laptop was fine, but he could have done better by selling it and buying something for himself and letting her see him use the money that he earned.

The thing that no one has said is that this is only normal teenage behavior if you let it be. If he had raised her to be responsible and respectful from day 1 he wouldn't be in this situation. Spoiling the kid for 14 years and then expecting a year of spoiling her less to change things is clearly not going to work. They guys above who are starting to let their toddlers make decisions on their own, earn their own way and practice delayed gratification won't be posting rants on the internet in 12 years.

I think I can agree with the combination of the above opinions. He needed to do that, but she learned it from him. Shooting the laptop was fine, but he could have done better by selling it and buying something for himself and letting her see him use the money that he earned.

The thing that no one has said is that this is only normal teenage behavior if you let it be. If he had raised her to be responsible and respectful from day 1 he wouldn't be in this situation. Spoiling the kid for 14 years and then expecting a year of spoiling her less to change things is clearly not going to work. They guys above who are starting to let their toddlers make decisions on their own, earn their own way and practice delayed gratification won't be posting rants on the internet in 12 years.

Didn't sound like he spoiled her to me . He bought her things like any Parent does and in return he had some chores that were her responisibility. I have two boys and i want to give them everything I didn't have as a kid but at the same time I teach them responsibility and respect for what they have. If my boys grow up and pull something like this it will not be because I did not raise them right but maybe it comes down to who his daughters friends are and did she learn this from them. Without knowing the full story I applaud him for trying to teach his daughter to respect other people and become a productive member of society not a lazy take care of me blood sucker who wants something for nothing.

Dont see how you can tell she learned it from him. Looked like to me a guy that had tried already adn used this as a last dramatic resort. I would have shot it with the Saiga also. By the way nobody(other then maybe a internet bullie that I will never meet) will talk ill about my wife (or my Mom) not even my beautifull daughter who I love more then life itself.

Edited by pitbulld45