Intrafuse Handguard for Saiga Question

If I just swap out my stock Saiga 7.62x39 handguard for one of those Tapco Intrafuse Saiga handguards does that make my Saiga illegal because of all that 922r BS? I eventually will do a full convert but just want the hand guard because it has that plate to hold back the heat.

You can put on as many us made parts as you want. You can only have 10 or fewer foreign parts if using a high cap magazine.

A US made mag counts as three parts , add your HG, and your parts count is down to ten. Slap a Tapco mag in that sucker and go shoot.

There is only 3 "evil parts", magazines that hold more then 10rds, a pistol grip and a muzzle device. Only those 3 and any one of those 3 "evil parts", are what starts your rifle down the 922r road. Your hand guard is not an "evil part" and can be swapped out for any hand guard you wish to install, without having to play the 922r parts count game.

Know your state and local laws too!

Edited by Mullet Man

There is only 3 "evil parts", magazines that hold more then 10rds, a pistol grip and a muzzle device. Only those 3 and any one of those 3 "evil parts", are what starts your rifle down the 922r road. Your hand guard is not an "evil part" and can be swapped out for any hand guard you wish to install, without having to play the 922r parts count game.

Know your state and local laws too!

Yep this post is correct! Not an "evil feature" (even in CA), you can replace it with any as long as there is no vertical forward grip attached!

In the OP's configuration as imported!

Edited by Bigtwin