Let's see your Yugo AK's

I only own two AK's (for now) the Saiga and a nice Yugo M70AB1...

I really like the Yugo, it lacks a chrome lined barrel but it is so much more robust than many AK variants out there (including my Saiga)!! I could literately use it to shovel snow and it wouldn't phase it one bit! This is how it looked when I got it...

358048ab610f79819.jpg

358048ab610fd4191.jpg

358048ab61ae46603.jpg

The only thing I changed since I got it was adding a Yugo pistol grip. I couldn't handle the finger groove PG to well! Just recently, I changed the slant brake to a nighthawk flash hider from Bonesteel Arms, LLC. No pics of that just yet.

358048d97c552cb88.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, since we got to talking I just decided to see what I could do. Here is a couple hours of farting around. Started to get tired a started to fuck up and started cursing at it but I am getting clos

Thanks man, I just got IronWood its awesome. PermaBlue is OK,but I will do Wonder Blue next time

CAI M70B1 from Classic.  Cosmetically still a work in progress but as far a function goes it is rock solid...........   How it was received:     After putting on the Yugo M70 Imported Wood Stoc

Posted Images

Is it a Century build or someone else's??

BTW.....NICE!

What receiver is it built on?

It is a Century build but I was able to hand select it! The receiver is the heavy gauge one but the name escapes me at the moment.

Here's a pic of part of my combloc family...

3comblock_guns.jpg

Edited by rocketfoot

Alright, she is a M70AB2T (M70AB) Flat side trunion receiver. Pre-bulged type receiver. Century was selling them when they ran low on regular bulged kits last year. Built on a Century modded Nodak Spud receiver variation supposedly.

Even with the thinner receiver she is still built like a tank.

Trench art handguards thanks to Shandlanos!

Now if I could just get the original finish right on the metal. The Century finish sucks!!!

Any suggestions?

Willing to go all the way if it matches what was on the gun originally.

Love the OEM look way more than Tacticool anymore.....

BTW the sling and cleaning rod were BFPU's off an very old AKS......

Got my second coat of tung oil on......needs a lttle more TLC....but she's getting there!!

http://forum.saiga-1...__fromsearch__1

post-32211-0-83550400-1328894432.jpg

post-32211-0-91836500-1328894527.jpg

post-32211-0-73429300-1328894555.jpg

Edited by armory

Looks great, Armory! Nice job so far! I would love to have a Yugo UF to add to my collection...someday maybe!

I think I am going to try and smooth out the finish on my Yugo with tung or lemon oil. It is nice but a little thin in places.

Edited by rocketfoot

Looks great, Armory! Nice job so far! I would love to have a Yugo UF to add to my collection...someday maybe!

I think I am going to try and smooth out the finish on my Yugo with tung or lemon oil. It is nice but a little thin in places.

I have the second of three sets of wood drying right now. I will put them on it for a photo shoot tomorrow. No trench art but really nice grain.

The correct finish would be a deep, shiny blue. To get this done will require lots of labor and/or lots of money. Basically, to match the original finish the rifle needs to have the absolute shit polished out of it, then enjoy a quality hot blue.

yugos.jpg

M59/66A1

M59

M70AB2

I built the M70 from a parts kit. I had full intentions of restoring it to minty until I seen the Brenda from 90210 stickers on the HG's. Then well, it became a BF pickup. LOL

I built the rifle on a flat reciever and matched the patina of wear and abuse.

• Like 1

rocketfoot,if you only own one AK it should be a fixed stock model. Under folding stocks look nice but not much fun to shoot.

I do have that CAA adapter to turn my under folder into a fixed stock if I feel like it. Nice option.

post-32211-0-92476000-1328986775_thumb.jpg

Edited by armory
rocketfoot,if you only own one AK it should be a fixed stock model. Under folding stocks look nice but not much fun to shoot.

I disagree. I find the UF's just as comfortable as a fixed or SF stock but that's another topic.

Anyway, here's the only Yugo, I have.

M92-2.jpg

• Like 1

I disagree. I find the UF's just as comfortable as a fixed or SF stock but that's another topic.

Anyway, here's the only Yugo, I have.

I live in NE Ohio.....we should get together and waste some Yugo brass together.......

Yugo was my first.......kinda like true love.......has a special place in my bunker.....

all these photos are making me want one. damn you guys. 000.gif

Yugo was my first.......kinda like true love.......has a special place in my bunker.....

Delta-3 who's the manufacturer of the muzzle break / flash hider on your shorty? And are any still available /

Sorry my friend, I don't know of anyone that makes them for sale. I had a guy make this one for me a few years ago when I built the kit. It's a meld of the yugo "cone" booster & a bulgy 4 piece can. Threads section from the cone, front end from the bulgy, tig welded together. Works like a charm! It has virtually eliminated all of the muzzle flash.

Armory-- Sounds good to me! I'm in NW Ohio & shoot at the SCSC in Gibsonburg. Shoot me a pm & maybe we can get together.

Edited by Delta-3