Let's see your Yugo AK's

red_heart.gif lol

I have a band saw but no wood blades and a drill press but no wood bits lol.

Wouldn't they be badass tho with a matching wood molot grip?!

Well, since we got to talking I just decided to see what I could do. Here is a couple hours of farting around. Started to get tired a started to fuck up and started cursing at it but I am getting close. Not bad for a 2x4. Before I got tired I was full of pride and felt like I was working on a Louisville slugger. I see where I need to make some mods but impressed with myself for my first try.

image_zps2df74bd2.jpg?t=1401726350

gallery_24335_1360_2265.jpg

Edited by AZG
  • Like 7
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, since we got to talking I just decided to see what I could do. Here is a couple hours of farting around. Started to get tired a started to fuck up and started cursing at it but I am getting clos

Thanks man, I just got IronWood its awesome. PermaBlue is OK,but I will do Wonder Blue next time

CAI M70B1 from Classic.  Cosmetically still a work in progress but as far a function goes it is rock solid...........   How it was received:     After putting on the Yugo M70 Imported Wood Stoc

Posted Images

That looks fucking awesome, great work! Could be a calling for you.

How do you plan to drill the hole?

I used a drill bit, but just remembered the wood bits I have at home. The hole is quite possibly the hardest part. screw that part up and all the hard work is gone. I am measuring the depth of the finished grip and marking it for depth with tape. That way I dont go too deep like I did on this one. Still trying to figure out a good solution for matching up the holes. thats actually the hard part. 

How's it coming along? Did your press table allow you to get the angle needed for the hole?

I still need to work on it some more. Drilled a hole and added a washer. quite fugly. going to try making another. 

• 3 weeks later...

not to get all technical on you but thats a m72AB2 my friend. As the AB1 kits are still in stock and I would have been all over the AB2 kits if I could have had the $$$ right then. Very nice score. I am jealous. 

not to get all technical on you but thats a m72AB2 my friend. As the AB1 kits are still in stock and I would have been all over the AB2 kits if I could have had the $$$ right then. Very nice score. I am jealous. 

Thanks my friend, and she is RPK- M72 AB1 smile.png

Milled receiver, fixed stock, threaded barrel - M70

Milled receiver, folding stock, threaded barrel - M70A

Milled receiver, folding stock, threaded barrel, scope rail - M70A1

Milled receiver, fixed stock, threaded barrel RPK - M72

Milled receiver, fixed stock, pressed barrel - M70B

Milled receiver, folding stock, pressed barrel - M70AB

Milled receiver, fixed stock, pressed barre RPK - M72B

Stamped receiver, fixed stock, bulged trunnion - M70B1

Stamped receiver, folding stock, AKM trunnion - M70AB1

Stamped receiver, folding stock, bulged trunnion - M70AB2

Stamped receiver, fixed stock, bulged trunnion, scope rail - M70B1N

Stamped receiver, folding stock, bulged trunnion, scope rail - M70AB2N

Stamped receiver, fixed stock RPK - M72B1

Stamped receiver, folding stock RPK - M72AB1

Stamped receiver, fixed stock, scope rail RPK - M72B1N

Stamped receiver, folding stock, scope rail RPK - M72AB1N

Thanks AKBLUE

user_online.gif

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 1

imagejpg1_zps756178c9.jpg

Also have two m72 kits and 3 original barrels to choose from.

Eta: as of this evening I have a headspaced and partially populated barrel. I'm just waiting on a new sling mount before I continue. The original was pretty bent up.

imagejpg1_zpsfcc4321b.jpg

Edited by neinLG

imagejpg1_zps756178c9.jpg

Also have two m72 kits and 3 original barrels to choose from.

Eta: as of this evening I have a headspaced and partially populated barrel. I'm just waiting on a new sling mount before I continue. The original was pretty bent up.

imagejpg1_zpsfcc4321b.jpg

Nice!, will do mine this week, hey man let me know if you want to sell your third barrel :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would update the latest progress. image_zps848597e9.jpg

Looks like a receiver is going to be an issue for this one. I spoke to Harlan at nds they don't have any plans to make anymore m72 receivers. The m70 fixed will work but I really don't want a hole in the receiver for the top cover lock when one doesn't belong in the m72.

• Like 1

What about AKbuilder flat? Iam using M85  flat with AK47 rails for my UF RPK

I have. However my OCD won't let me unless I figure out how to fully heat treat it. Bending and welding is the easy part if I had a way to fully heat treat.

I and many others just spot heat treat our receivers with a torch and a quench bucket. Haven't had any wear problems yet and some manufacturers have made post sample machine guns on spot heat treated receivers without any problems as well. Some of these have had many thousands of rounds put threough them full auto. Mag dumps that make the handguards smoke and burn and they still work!

Full heat treating does make a tougher receiver, but I doubt if you could wear one enough to tell the difference in semi auto

What about AKbuilder flat? Iam using M85  flat with AK47 rails for my UF RPK

I have. However my OCD won't let me unless I figure out how to fully heat treat it. Bending and welding is the easy part if I had a way to fully heat treat.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...