922r situation for Vepr Super/Hunter/Pioneer models

I'm trying to figure out whether any of these VEPR models can be used with >10 round magazines. It seems to me that the one piece wood stock could only count as one foreign part, not as a buttstock and handguard or buttstock and pistol grip and handguard, depending on the case. If that's so, they would have 12 countable parts (2 less than Saiga rifles). Any flaws in my reasoning here?

Thanks.

VEPR Hunter

VEPR54RHUNTER.jpg

VEPR Pioneer

VPR-801.jpg

VEPR Super

VPR-601.jpg

Hmm, it looks like the Pioneer and Hunter models _may_ have one more countable part than I originally thought.

30m.jpg

This would be a "trigger housing" according to the ATF's definition....I think. Let me know if I'm mistaken.

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • 1 month later...

I'm considering one of these Pioneers too. Jim, what did you find out on 922R?

Nothing definitive. Pretty sad that the importers can't give this simple information. They ought to know that this would come up.

I agree with csspecs, it looks like 14 parts.

Well, from the looks of that trigger housing, I doubt you could change the trigger, but possibly change hammer, disconnector and piston. That still leaves you one part shy if you want to use foreign high capacity mags. BTW, who has the 7.62x39 Pioneer for sale?

Well, from the looks of that trigger housing, I doubt you could change the trigger, but possibly change hammer, disconnector and piston. That still leaves you one part shy if you want to use foreign high capacity mags. BTW, who has the 7.62x39 Pioneer for sale?

If 14 is the correct number, a piston change and a U.S. mag would do the trick. Pretty sure the FCG has no U.S. replacement parts.

If 14 is the correct number, a piston change and a U.S. mag would do the trick. Pretty sure the FCG has no U.S. replacement parts.

You don't think the hammer is the same?