I dont have a DAO pistol in my collection yet.

FNH just released their FNS (9 and 40) striker fired DAO pistol and i'm a big fan of FNH pistols (i have 3, FNP45USG, FNX9 and a true Nazi FN/Browning Hi Power). However, the aftermarket is just not there, to support the FNH line of pistols.

I'm thinking Glock 32 because it has the ability to go .40 cal with a barrel change or 9mm with a barrel and G19 mags. I'd primarily be shooting 9mm but i really want to play around with .357sig and possibly keep it chambered in that for my bed side piece.

Should i be looking at a different route with the Glocks?

Give me some insight or talk me out of it....

Edited by Mullet Man

i do share your passion for FN pistols. they have a great history and a quality product. with that said, it just depends on if your wanting to add another caliber to the endless growing collection that we all have. the FN line is like you stated, still very small offerings on the market at the moment.

i wont waste time preaching about the gun as you already know its reputation.

if it were me, id get one in a caliber you already have, unless your wanting to tread the water into the 357 sig. its a pretty badass little round, but can be hard to find in some shops. (at least mine). but if you want in in 357 sig, then go for it!

one of the perks is the huge amount of shit you can get for them. it really seems endless as the shit some people come up with for them.

i do share your passion for FN pistols. they have a great history and a quality product. with that said, it just depends on if your wanting to add another caliber to the endless growing collection that we all have. the FN line is like you stated, still very small offerings on the market at the moment.

i wont waste time preaching about the gun as you already know its reputation.

if it were me, id get one in a caliber you already have, unless your wanting to tread the water into the 357 sig. its a pretty badass little round, but can be hard to find in some shops. (at least mine). but if you want in in 357 sig, then go for it!

one of the perks is the huge amount of shit you can get for them. it really seems endless as the shit some people come up with for them.

You're not helping dude bad_smile.gif

I agree. The price point of .357sig is the only reason i am "on the fence" about not getting the G32. How much am i really going to use the .357sig, to warrant the extra $ needed to buy the extra barrel and magazines to run 9mm. But at the same time, the extra $ allows me the possibility of owning multiple calibers as opposed to multiple complete firearms.

Decisions decisions...

Any .357sig owners around that wish they didnt buy a firearm in that caliber?

• Like 1

M-M,

How is the trigger on the FNP???

And that is a strong case for a Glock! Interchangeable barrels.

Yes it is, versatility!

FNP: I like it. Being a DA/SA pistol, the DA pull is long but smooth (not gritty or notchy) and kind of heavy as expected from DA/SA. SA, the pull is relatively short and comfortably light, the break is predictable and smooth.

I'm not a pistol guru by any means, but that is how i would describe it. FWIW

Proud owner of three Glocks in 357 SIG. Regrets? NONE. My favorite carry caliber.

What is it that you like about so much? Any dislikes?

Love the 357SIG also. I have been buying 357SIG ammunition for about the same price as 40SW or 45ACP lately. Just picked up a few boxes of range ammo for 20 dollars, for a box of 50 at a gun show. I really would not worry about the price of ammunition if your life is on the line and the prices have been coming down slowly. Plus you don't see the 10mm guys complaining that their ammunition costs so much that, or people putting it down because of ammunition prices lol...at least I haven't. The pricing is the only attack on the 357SIG that people can come up with, or spread around without actually looking into it. You can find good prices on the net for 357SIG you just have to look for it. The 357SIG is a proven round and is only second favored by the majority of police departments in the U.S. and closing in fast on the number one cartridge favored by them...the 40SW. It was designed to replicate the 357 Magnum in a 125gr cartridge out of a 4" barrel. With the 357SIG you pretty much have a semi automatic 357 Magnum (with 15 rounds) in a factory 125gr bullet. This cartridge is finally starting to catch on / getting the attention it deserves. If this cartridge came out before the 40SW then the 40SW would not have even been a hot item. Also I'm sure if it was called "9MM Magnum" the 9mm fanbois would be all over it lol. Now with the 40 to 9 conversion barrels...Just to let you know some people have no problems with the 9mm jamming but a few others do. They had to change their extractor to get the 9mm to work in the 40 to 9 barrel.

Here is some more info on the 357SIG:

http://api.viglink.c..._13291615700824

http://proarmspodcas...7sig-cartridge/

Edited by Whiskey
  • 4 weeks later...

got an update for us mullet man?

The FFL i use is a kitchen table type with health issues and spends about half his time out of state. I've been waiting for him to come back before i order.

I must say, i have been eyeballing an NAA PUG in .22 magnum for some reason now. That and my IZ132 project has soaked up a little more funds then i had hoped.

• 1 year later...

MULLETT,

HERES THE PATH I TOOK.

GOT A "USED" GEN II G23 FOR $349., LOOKED EFFECTIVELY BRAND NEW, GOT AN EXTENDED PORTED LONE WOLF BBL. IN .357 SIG, I HAVEN'T TAKEN ANY MEASUREMENTS, BUT THE 9mmP BBL OUT OF MY G19 MAY FIT, IF NOT, ITS BACK TO LONE WOLF FOR ANOTHER EXTENDED PORTED BBL. IN 9mmP.

SINCE I ALREADY HAVE A G19, I HAVE THE MAGS TO WORK IN THIS ONE WITH THE 9mmP BBL.

MY EVERYDAY CARRY IS A G22, SO THOSE LONGER MAGS WILL WORK ALSO, AND THROUGH TESTING, I'VE DETERMINED THAT .40 CAL. AND .357 SIG WILL FEED FROM EACH OTHERS MAGAZINES; THIS MAY ONLY APPLY TO GLOCKS, BTW.

THIS ALSO MEANS THAT THE 22RND. 40 CAL. MAGS WILL ALSO FEED .357 SIG.

ALSO REPLACED ALL THE USUAL INTERNAL PARTS I REPLACE AS A MATTER OF COURSE ON MY GLOCKS, REGARDLESS OF GEN: LONE WOLF EXTENDED SLIDE LOCK, VICKERS TACTICAL EXTENDED SLIDE STOP, LONE WOLF ULTIMATE TRIGGER STOP FOR OVERTRAVEL ADJ., GHOST 3.5LB CONNECTOR, LONE WOLF 6LB. TRIGGER SPRING, LCI EXTRACTOR WITH ITS COGNIZANT SPRING LOAD BEARING FOR THE GEN II'S, WARREN TACTICAL TWO COLOR NIGHT SIGHTS, LONE WOLF STAINLESS RECOIL SPRING GUIDE WITH ISMI RECOIL SPRING, ONE STEP UP FROM STOCK WEIGHT, TAYLOR FREELANCE SOLID BRASS COUNTER WEIGHT/MAG GUIDE, AS WELL AS THEIR SOLID BRASS MAG PADS (AVAIL AT LONE WOLF), AND GEN IV TRIGGER ASSY.

HERE'S THE REASON FOR THE GEN IV TRIGGER ASSY; IF YOU'VE EVER TAKEN A LOOK AT THE PROJECTION THAT PUSHES THE FIRING PIN SAFETY UP, ON A HIGH ROUND COUNT GEN II OR III GLOCK, YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED THAT THE INBOARD (LEFT) EDGE OF THAT PROJECTION IS KIND OF ROUGH, COMPARED TO THE RIGHT EDGE.

I'VE EVEN SEEN THIS LEFT SIDE TAKE ON A SCALLOPED APPEARANCE IF VIEWED UNDER HIGH MAGNIFICATION.

IF ONE HAS A SUFFICIENTLY SENSITIVE TRIGGER FINGER, THIS ROUGHNESS AND WHOOP-T-DOO'S CAN BE FELT, AS THE TRIGGER IS MOVED TO THE REAR.

THE CAUSE OF THIS IS FROM THE PROJECTION RIDING OVER THE FIRING PIN SAFETY, AS THE TRIGGER AND BAR MOVE TO THE REAR, PUSHING THE FIRING PIN SAFETY UP.

THIS PROJECTION DOES NOT RIDE OVER THE CENTER OF THE FIRING PIN SAFETY, BUT VERY CLOSE TO ITS RADIUSED EDGE.

AS THE TRIGGER IS BROUGHT TO THE REAR, THE LEFT EDGE OF THAT PROJECTION IS KIND OF ROLLING ON AND OFF THE RADIUSED EDGE OF THE FIRING PIN SAFETY, PLUS THE CYLINDRICAL FIRING PIN SAFETY ITSELF IS TURNING ON ITS AXIS FROM THE FRICTION OF THE PROJECTION RUBBING ACROSS IT, THE DEGREE TO WHICH IS DEPENDANT UPON THE CLEANLINESS AND LUBRICATION OF THE SAFETY PIN.

I HOPE I WORDED THAT WITH SUFFICIENT CLARITY FOR EVERYONE TO GET A MENTAL PICTURE OF THE INTERACTION.

THE TRIGGER BAR ITSELF IS UNSUPPORTED BETWEEN ITS PIVOT PIN ON THE TRIGGER, AND AT THE END WHERE IT ENGAGES THE CONNECTOR AND ITS MODULE, ALLOWING IT, IN THE MIDDLE AREA, TO FLEX TO THE RIGHT AS THE TRIGGER IS PULLED.

THE ONLY THING RESTRICTING THIS FLEX TO THE RIGHT, IS THE THREE MOLDED-IN RIBS ON THE UPPER RIGHT SIDEWALL OF THE MAG WELL, UPON WHICH THE TRIGGER BAR RIDES.

ON THE GEN II'S, WITH THE GUN ASSEMBLED (AND UNLOADED!) YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE OUTER SIDEWALL OF THE FRAME, OPPOSITE THE THREE RIBS, FLEX OUTWARD AS WEIGHT IS APPLIED TO THE TRIGGER.

THIS MAY BE ONE REASON THE GEN III'S FRAMES WERE THICKENED-UP IN THIS AREA.

ON THE GEN IV TRIGGER ASSY., HOWEVER, THEY HAVE POKED A DIMPLE IN THE UPWARD PROJECTION, GOING FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, CAUSING A SIZEABLE LUMP TO ARISE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF SAID PROJECTION.

THIS "LUMP" THEN RIDES ALONG THE INSIDE OF THE SLIDE, THEREBY PREVENTING ANY RIGHTWARD FLEX IN THE AREA OF THE INTERFACE BETWEEN THE FIRING PIN SAFETY AND THE PROJECTION THAT MOVES IT UPWARD, CAUSING THE PROJECTION TO MOVE MORE ACROSS THE CENTER OF THE SAFETY PIN, AND DISTRIBUTING THE LOAD MORE EVENLY ACROSS THE WORKING FACE OF THE PROJECTION, THEREBY ELIMINATING THE WEAR AND RESULTING ROUGHNESS ON JUST THE LEFT EDGE.

IF YOU ACQUIRE AN ADVANTAGE ARMS .22 CAL. CONVERSION KIT, WHICH I ALREADY HAD FOR THE G19, YOU'VE GOT YOURSELF A 4 CALIBER PISTOL, ON THE SAME FRAME, SAME TRIGGER PULL.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE DOING, TAKE A GLOCK ARMORERS COURSE, READ SOME OF THE HOW-TO MANUALS, WATCH SOME OF THE DVD'S ON SAME, SOMETHING, I BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY IF SOMEONE DOESN'T EDUCATE THEIRSELVES ON THIS SUBJECT AND BLOWS OFF PART OF THEIR BODY OR SOMEONE ELSE'S, HEAR ME?

THERE'S MORE ON THIS, IF ANYONES INTERESTED, BUT FOR NOW, I'M CUTTIN SOME ZZZZZ'S...........

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344