i dont know what bothers me more, another 4 years of nobama, or that the nra appears to be willing to let it happen without a physical confrontation as a last resort. too early to tell on both aspects, but still depressing non the less.

• Like 1

Why should the NRA try and help us when only about 4 Million of the estimated 80 Million gun owners in the United States are actually members of the organization? :unsure:

Hell, it's not about money. Just go over to the Rimfirecentral.com forums and see some of the pathetic excuses most of the "fence sitters" come up with for not supporting the organization. Too many "beg" notices from them, but the cheap assholes seem to not have any problems dropping $1k or more on a Anschutz .22 and $60 a box Eley ammunition to shoot through them. Yeah, that, or spend just as much on a bottle of faggy peat smelling Scotch whiskey that they probably don't even like. :angry:

They don't even have join anyway. Just write angry letters to their elected representatives. But no, that's even too hard. Cuts into my shooting time (with my overpriced new Cooper and CZ .22's). Besides, the asshole Reps. probably don't even read it anyway before tossing it in to the old circular file. Why waste a perfectly good sheet of printer paper on a tossed letter when I could be using it instead to print out the koala balls target whence then I can riddle full of holes with my $60 a box Eley ammo.

Sometimes we are our own worse enemies, I think. :angry2:

• Like 3

Why should the NRA try and help us when only about 4 Million of the estimated 80 Million gun owners in the United States are actually members of the organization? unsure.png

Hell, it's not about money. Just go over to the Rimfirecentral.com forums and see some of the pathetic excuses most of the "fence sitters" come up with for not supporting the organization. Too many "beg" notices from them, but the cheap assholes seem to not have any problems dropping $1k or more on a Anschutz .22 and $60 a box Eley ammunition to shoot through them. Yeah, that, or spend just as much on a bottle of faggy peat smelling Scotch whiskey that they probably don't even like. mad.gif

They don't even have join anyway. Just write angry letters to their elected representatives. But no, that's even too hard. Cuts into my shooting time (with my overpriced new Cooper and CZ .22's). Besides, the asshole Reps. probably don't even read it anyway before tossing it in to the old circular file. Why waste a perfectly good sheet of printer paper on a tossed letter when I could be using it instead to print out the koala balls target whence then I can riddle full of holes with my $60 a box Eley ammo.

Sometimes we are our own worse enemies, I think. angry.png

well for one, NRA'a approach is always a political one. (not that thats bad) but they seem to think that tyranny will cease to oppress the gun owners by fighting them at every curve in the legal system. thats hardly the truth. you cant fight tyrant aggression with politics when the enemy doesnt obey the law to begin with, and that its politics to blame that we are in this shit to begin with. i do agree with you on many things gaddis, but honestly, and in my opinion, its not about money. your right about that. its about absolute power. and those in search of power have more money than we will ever see in 5 lifetimes.

im an easy pay life member of the nra, and i havent made a payment in about 8 months or so. and to be honest, why should i if they are just going to throw in the towel and walk away without encouraging people to stand up for their rights and that sometimes, you have to actually fight for them outside of a courtroom. (should it come to that)

and like you said, people that have never gave, are fence sitters and prolly are the ones that will turn in their guns when big brother demands them, out of fear.i hope it never comes to that, but sadly thats the coarse we are currently on. i hope that you can see things from my perspective gaddis. im not trying to be a dick or a dumbass or anything like that. i just like hearing others' opinions on matters as important as this.

• Like 1

Democrats learnt their lesson from 1994 when they lost both House and Senate after AWB passed. Granted anything is possible but why would they knowingly give up power especially given such a strong pro-gun sentiment in the country?

This is the election year so you'll hear a lot of talk ...

• Like 1

I would love to hear more about this because i nearly flipped my shiz when i read it but i then calmed myself down because this seems a little too harsh even for Obama. Just think of what would happen if this were to actually happen in the future. The criminals would still be able to have access to guns and the innocent law abiding citizens would be left defenseless.

and like you said, people that have never gave, are fence sitters and prolly are the ones that will turn in their guns when big brother demands them, out of fear.i hope it never comes to that, but sadly thats the coarse we are currently on. i hope that you can see things from my perspective gaddis. im not trying to be a dick or a dumbass or anything like that. i just like hearing others' opinions on matters as important as this.

No, I don't think anyone is a dick for having an opinion, I like hearing everyones opinions on all things firearm related too. :up:

It's just that most of the do jack shit to help out fence-sitters over on the Rimfirecentral.com forums are usually the biggest whiners too when something comes along they don't like or inconveniences them in some way firearms-wise, but then they seem to relish in bragging too on just how little they are willing to help out. That's the main thing that really pisses me off, and sends me on these (usually unrelated to the subject matter we're currently talking about at the time) rants. :lol:

• Like 1

No, I don't think anyone is a dick for having an opinion, I like hearing everyones opinions on all things firearm related too. 032.gif

It's just that most of the do jack shit to help out fence-sitters over on the Rimfirecentral.com forums are usually the biggest whiners too when something comes along they don't like or inconveniences them in some way firearms-wise, but then they seem to relish in bragging too on just how little they are willing to help out. That's the main thing that really pisses me off, and sends me on these (usually unrelated to the subject matter we're currently talking about at the time) rants. laugh.png

shit happens to the best of us friend. i enjoy the same shit as you. i agree that its sad that so many people bitch and choose to do nothing. and its usually the ones that have done nothing that are doing the bitching. i enjoy your rants, by the way. and your not alone. dont worry gaddis, you have at least a few fans here on this forum! or at least a few that are willing to listen. and thats a start.

• Like 2

I think your description of rimfire central is a little off, its 99% 70 year old plus men who are to cheap to even put a decent scope on their rifles and claim a 125 mueller apv thats made in china is a fine optic. The biggest problem the have is their all old titewads. The NRA would have to pry the 25$ out of their old fingers to ever see a cent of it.

The vast majority of rfc doesnt even know what an anshutz is.