I saw Aim Surplus sent out a flyer selling Bulgarian surplus 7.62x39mm ammo by the spam can. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I'm especially interested about bullet weight and muzzle velocity. With the exception of its copper washed cases, the other features--bimetal jacket, lead core, corrosive primer--remind me of Yugo surplus.

No personal experience, but no interest. It's about the same price as commercial non-corrosive ammo, and the spam can doesn't really add much value for me. I'd much rather have commercial non-corrosive ammo at the same price, or Yugoslavian brass-cased ammunition for less.

No personal experience, but no interest. It's about the same price as commercial non-corrosive ammo, and the spam can doesn't really add much value for me. I'd much rather have commercial non-corrosive ammo at the same price, or Yugoslavian brass-cased ammunition for less.

^ This.

I never bought any Yugo but at least it was a little bit cheaper than the current non-corrosive ammo. This seems to be about the same price or not much of a difference to warrant buying it.

Look at the case pics. I called AIM and verified what my eyes saw. That was overruns on an IDF contract. That's Hebrew on the wooden cases. Still, it's about the same price as commercial, but the spam cans are better for LTS. I'm ordering acase or two just for stacking with my Yugo M67. The Yugo is all but gone now, and one of the most accurate surplus loads out there. They are consistent shot-to-shot, so I left the rest sealed. Local shop says they ordered some, and will get a few loose boxes for testing. If nothing else, I have more barter ammo.