Question: is the .410 BHO lever the same as the S12?

I was wondering if anybody knows if the bolt hold open lever is the same for the saiga 12 and the saiga 410? I'm thinking about sending my parts to Pauly to do his GlassBolt process and one the parts he asks to be sent is the BHO lever. Rather than remove the one from my gun right now I would prefer to just buy an extra one to send to him. The only ones I can find are for the saiga 12 so I'm hoping that there are the same. Thanks all, Paul

I ordered this Tromix from CSS and it fits and works fine so I don't know what he means by "they are different".

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1040/Tromix-Saiga-Ak47-extended/Detail

It says Saiga and AK47 so it sounds generic. What ever, it fits and works. I had to do a little dremmel-ire to get it to work with my bolt hold open selector but nothing too much. Mod to selector not Tromix extension. Wanted my selector to be able to drop the bolt with one hand and it does.

The BHO is different on the S12. However, I think the .410 and the S20 share the same BHO. Here are some photos that might help.

This is a S12 BHO that is modified on the back for ease of install (safety)...

403b52f8.jpg

Here is a S20...

aab8103c.jpg

And the .410...

e6934367.jpg

You can see that on the S12 the rails and BHO extend rearward further than the 20 or.410.

HTH

Edited by sunnybean
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I bought the Tapco G2 trigger and the retaining plate instead of the shephard's crook. On the S12, you have to modify, or use a modified, BHO with that plate. Will it work with the 410? Do I need to go back and get the shepherd's crook?

To answer my own question - the BHO lever for the 410 does not interfere at all with the fcg retaining plate. The safety does have a bit of a hard time getting past the Tapco G2 sear when re-installing but it did get past.

• 3 weeks later...