Surplus 545 mags

rguns has a few as well as soviet military.

Not to hijack the thread, but I thought it may be of benefit for us all to hear about your experience with Soviet Military.

I assume you're meaning soviet-military.com. Personally, I have considered purchasing from since they seem to have good stuff, but I'm apprehensive about the package making here without being seized.

Have you gotten things from them often? How'd it go?

Thanks,

MGIB

Not to hijack the thread, but I thought it may be of benefit for us all to hear about your experience with Soviet Military.

I assume you're meaning soviet-military.com. Personally, I have considered purchasing from since they seem to have good stuff, but I'm apprehensive about the package making here without being seized.

Thanks,

MGIB

i bought various spare parts from them. they take a while to get here, usually 20 days or so, and come caked in cosmoline but i never had any issues with them.

rguns has them right now for 29 bucks. kinda high but cheaper than circle 10's at the moment. at least at most places. id avoid gunbroker if you can. they are way overpriced. usually are though.

Edited by Captain Hero

Tapco actually work for me...even though I typically dislike anything Tapco. I just ordered a few mags from RRC...these mags are getting expensive, which is ironic since the ammo and rifles are inexpensive. I just know that shipping has been killing me on all of these orders.

ive been thinking of picking up a few. ill get one or two to see how they work, and if they work then cool, if not then ill stick with what ive been using.

seems like mags are going up across the whole board. not just 5.45

Thanks,

MGIB

My recent order was seized by Ukranian customs. Vladimir sent me an email letting me know what happened, and he's attempting to resend the 10 5.45 bakelites I ordered with no additional charges. I'll let everyone know what the outcome is...hopefully soon.

Are those polymer Polish mags reinforced with steel like the other surplus polymer mags? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

Yes

I could be mistaken but if i remember correctly, the Polish mags are not reinforced like the Bulgarian and Russian mags. (Could just be the Polish Radom 7.62x39's tho)

The Polish mags might have metal feed lips and locking lugs but lack the mag body reinforcement, if i remember correctly.

I have acquired Bulgarian circle 21 and circle 25 mags off Gunbroker before at very competitive "Buy It Now" prices, similar to when AIM had them in stock @ ~$10 a piece.

Edited by Mullet Man

Thanks,

MGIB

My recent order was seized by Ukranian customs. Vladimir sent me an email letting me know what happened, and he's attempting to resend the 10 5.45 bakelites I ordered with no additional charges. I'll let everyone know what the outcome is...hopefully soon.

Ouch...I actually emailed Vlad a few days ago asking if anything has ever been seized...He said it hadn't been a problem..

Please let us know how it turns out. He has some cool stuff that I want.

Thanks,

MGIB

damn. i never had a problem ordering from vlad. i do quite a bit of business with him over the past year or so and never had a package seized. you should get it. he prolly had to ship them in two seperate packages to clear customs. meaning that he took the mags apart and shipped the bodies in one package and the guts in the other.

Thanks,

MGIB

Ouch...I actually emailed Vlad a few days ago asking if anything has ever been seized...He said it hadn't been a problem..

Thanks,

MGIB

damn. i never had a problem ordering from vlad. i do quite a bit of business with him over the past year or so and never had a package seized. you should get it. he prolly had to ship them in two seperate packages to clear customs. meaning that he took the mags apart and shipped the bodies in one package and the guts in the other.

Gents, I just talked to my wife and 2 packages arrived from the Ukraine today at my house. Vlad also sent me an email follow up letting me know the post office showed it was delivered. I'm out of town on business, but when I get home tomorrow I'm looking forward to opening up 10 mint Russian 5.45 bakelites biggrin.png . I paid about $300 total ($259.99 + shipping (about $40)) so I think I did pretty good picking up 10 Izhmash/Tula bakelites for about $30 a piece wink.png.

Thanks,

MGIB

Thanks,

MGIB

Gents, I just talked to my wife and 2 packages arrived from the Ukraine today at my house. Vlad also sent me an email follow up letting me know the post office showed it was delivered. I'm out of town on business, but when I get home tomorrow I'm looking forward to opening up 10 mint Russian 5.45 bakelites biggrin.png . I paid about $300 total ($259.99 + shipping (about $40)) so I think I did pretty good picking up 10 Izhmash/Tula bakelites for about $30 a piece wink.png.

told ya you'd get it. big_smile.gif

I just got home and opened the 2 packages from Vlad. One had the mag bodies, and the other had the springs, followers, base plates, and floor plates. They are all Izhmash and in pristine condition with wax paper still stuck to a few, and all metal parts coated with cosmoline. I'll be assembling them tomorrow after I clean the cosmoline off the springs and floor plates. I'm VERY HAPPY with my purchase from soviet-military.com! 027.gif

• Like 1