Best 9mm carry pistol?

oops...I completely forgot about the CZs even though I own them...Thats another thing gun that also happens to be ungodly accurate. I dot know how the polymer P01/07/SP01 are like but the steel 75/85 are very durable, have low recoil and are thin. The RAMI is an excellent CC gun. Thin, light, accurate and comes with a double stack mag. I think 10 rounds and 14 with finger extension. For the money they also have some very nice features. The BD is a decocker, the 85 is a ambidextrous version of the 75. And if its not a decocker the safety acts like a 1911....carry cocked and locked in single action. In my area the 9mm RAMI with the 1911 style safety, 2 mags and adjustable rear night sights is only about $150 more then the plane Jane Kahr CW9 with one mag.

As a general rule the heavier the gun the lighter the recoil. But that is something thats different to everyone. I dont find the PA63 or the P64 or any of the pocket 380s to be "stingers" I can shoot them comfortably all day long. In Fact the only gun I found to be a stinger was a buddy's 45LC derringer. That little gun made you bleed.

I would advise against the XDs for anything outside of the range but thats just me and Im not going to get into a debate about them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most you will shit on me for this, But i really like my keltec pf9..the recoil is heavy, but it's ultra comfortable to carry under any clothes, and with +p ammo it's been 100%. I like the sub 300 pric

Heckler & Koch P7   As to why? Because to this day it remains an unsurpassed marvel of German engineering and refinement. (But indisputably it's damned heavy by today's standards. )    

1911 Colt 70 series Commander 9mm / 38 super. It's all metal, and it's a action is flawless. I may not have high cap mags, but I don't need 15+ rnds to do the job. With double taps I can take out 4 ba

Posted Images

I would say a Sig P226 for a true 9mmm mine has never had a malfunction in over 2k rounds....now if your open to any 9mm/.38/.357 caliber round I would go for a Ruger SP101 in .357mag. I used to carry the Sig and now the SP101 goes with me every where. The revolver will go bang every time and just in case it doesn't squeeze again, that should do it for ya.

I have a P226 in 22LR for target practice. I'm impressed by it -- great feel in my hand, and it makes me a better shooter at 30'+. I can't wait to get a 9mm slide. But it won't really work as a concealed piece.

Id really think about a revolver my wife has a hard time racking the slide on my glock 23 and mostly can't on the keltec p3at. I'm looking at getting her the tiger lcr in .357. Sh could train with .38 and carry the heavy stuff. Also Corbin have you seen the tacsol .22 conversion for glocks, right now it's only for the full size but it's a double stack and holds 15 rounds. When they have a model for the 23 in getting it.

My EDC is my Springfield XD9 4" Service Model, loaded out with Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P.

I both CC and OC.

I just had Trijicon HD Night Sights installed on my XD, freaking nice!

At night it does bedside duty wearing a TLR-2.

i carry my M&P 9c i bought it in 2009 and since then i have been carrying it everyday its very accurate has over 6000 rounds through it and 95% of them are shitty Tula and Winchester bulk and its never once malfunctioned.

also id like to add that even though i carry it every day it has almost no wear marks or holster marks the finish on the slide is excellent

DSCN1824.jpg

oh and another thing id like to add is that i always carry with a round in the chamber and there has been 3 times when ive dropped the gun while it was loaded scary but nothing happened.

btw wasnt mishandling i had a malfunctioning holster that i replaced lol

• Like 1

Have you had a good look at the Glock 26, Cobra? I never used to pay attention to them, as I didn't like the grip and wasn't into Glocks in general.. However, when the Gen 4 model was released, with the reprofiled grip, I broke down and bought one. It's my regular CCW gun now. Relatively light weight, decent capacity, compatible with the higher capacity 9mm Glock magazines, easy to run, reliable.

If you get another Glock, you might look into joining the GSSF before you do. It's a $65 or so membership for two years, but you get one card per year for a discount on a Glock purchase from GSSF-affiliated dealers. Many models will run $425, rather than the regular $499-549. I got LEO pricing for that G26, strangely, which was $398.

I've been moving in a Glock direction for a few years. For dependability, mostly. Unfortunately, I've held off on purchase of Gen 4 (or even current production Gen 3) Glock 19s due to reliability issues that have cropped up since 2009 or so. G26s haven't experienced similar problems, to my knowledge.

Edited by Anathoth

I looked into .380 ACP chambered options when I was first looking to CCW, and I never determined that I could be confident enough in the round. None of the available loads I found provided a good combination of penetration and expansion. The Hornady XTP and old Hydra-shoks came closest, but even then, why carry a .380 when there are other similar sized handgun choices in loadings that perform better?

I went with a Kahr PM9. They seem to be hit or miss reliability wise; there are plenty of accounts of both good and bad user experiences with them, but mine has run without issue, so I have no complaints in that regard. Quite accurate for a small gun.

How about the Walther PPS? Single stack 9mm, lightweight, thinner than the Glock 26, and German reliability.

Edited by Anathoth
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm carrying a G22 but I tall and thin enough I could probably hide a Colt commando under a loose over shirt. I'd look at the G19. The Walther PPS and Kahr are thin pistols. Could look at s Sig p220 carry or the compact. Also a good revolver is hard to beat for a carry gun.

• 3 weeks later...

I was surprised not to see the ruger SR9c mentioned. It is my wifes ccw and she loves it. We have shot the living shit out of it and never had a hiccup. The sights are decent with the option for a crimson trace, and its big enough to soften up the recoil of the hottter +p124 rangerTs she keeps in it. I cut a hogue grip sleeve and its a nice feelin gun and very accurate.

She has had it since february of last year. We never go to the range less than twice a month, sometimes four times a month. We have shot everything from wpa, tula, and that copper washed shit with the russian name no one can understand, up to +p gold dots, power balls, rangerTs, , then hi shoks, rem jhps, plus wwb , fedaral cheapion, blazer and umc. We have at least 3000 very diverse rounds though it, at very least. But I can make an amazing claim........

IT HAS NEVER JAMMED ONCE!!!! no ftf, no fte, no mag problems, no nothing, just bang bang bang bang

Ive spent a ton of money on ammo, just to make sure the gun is tested well and she it safe carrying it. This little gun has really impressed me, over and over. I know Im a bit late, but I felt the need to share.

My favorite 9mm was my old S&W 915. I got lucky and nailed one right after the Clinton hammer dropped. Local dealer I knew had ordered 910's, and got 4 of the LEO-only 915's. He called BATF, and they told him to sell them to law enforcement only. The day I went in, there were 2 cops looking at them. I got one(I was a security officer with Federal clearance at the time), and the other 3 went to the police officers, with one officer buying one for his wife. $200 OTD in 1994, had capability for "cocked-n-locked" carry, and came with 4 15 round mags. My wife took it after we were married, and some gangbanger stole it from me in 1997 while I was at the hospital for the birth of my son. They did find it, but it had 2 bodies on it and was a rusted heap. I donated it to the PD academy after the trial was over.

Hello

See post #20 on page #1.

It's my wife's favorite carry pistol as well.

-guido

"God Loves Liberty"

I was surprised not to see the ruger SR9c mentioned. It is my wifes ccw and she loves it. We have shot the living shit out of it and never had a hiccup. The sights are decent with the option for a crimson trace, and its big enough to soften up the recoil of the hottter +p124 rangerTs she keeps in it. I cut a hogue grip sleeve and its a nice feelin gun and very accurate.

She has had it since february of last year. We never go to the range less than twice a month, sometimes four times a month. We have shot everything from wpa, tula, and that copper washed shit with the russian name no one can understand, up to +p gold dots, power balls, rangerTs, , then hi shoks, rem jhps, plus wwb , fedaral cheapion, blazer and umc. We have at least 3000 very diverse rounds though it, at very least. But I can make an amazing claim........

IT HAS NEVER JAMMED ONCE!!!! no ftf, no fte, no mag problems, no nothing, just bang bang bang bang

Ive spent a ton of money on ammo, just to make sure the gun is tested well and she it safe carrying it. This little gun has really impressed me, over and over. I know Im a bit late, but I felt the need to share.

Ok, I came damn close to a CW9, but when I had the funds could not find the right price and you know what? I have plenty of 9's so I went with the Taurus 740 Slim. Light, compact very thin and packs a .40 S&W.

Not to drift off course here. 9"s are good.

I’m always a big DA revolver fan so how about a Ruger Speed 6 in 9mm.

That speed six is SWEET!

Still love the DA wheel gun.

• 2 weeks later...

My carry gun used to be a Kahr P9. I upgraded to a P45 when that came out. I find the slim profile and light weight of the Kahrs perfect for carry, and they shoot easy. Even the 45. It weighs about the same as my titanium 45 Taurus revolver but the Taurus is not fun to shoot.