Best AK 47 Brands?

I've been in the market for a 7.62x39 Saiga in the sporting configuration. I have looked online and in my local gun shops and they are all on backorder. I just shot the Saiga ak 47 from Arsenal at a local range and I really liked it. Besides arsenal, what other Ak brands do you guys recommend? I want something that is affordable but reliable and durable. There is just so many AK47 makers out there so I wanted feedback and opinions. The cheaper I can get one for, the better.

Thanks!

If you can find one, the norinco mak-90 is a good option as well. Very well built and you can find them around 500ish. You cant buy them new but you can search backpage or aution sites. RPK reciever thickness and a heavier barrel makes it a pretty good shooter.

• Like 2

Unless you are as cheap as I am get a Saiga. It is NEW and of good quality. Either convert it yourself, or buy one already done.

Personally, I built a $99 'rusty Romy' on a Nodak receiver - total cost about $200. But still needs paint.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends if you are looking for a pretty AK and bragging rights to owning a "superior" brand or simply an AK that goes "BANG" everytime the trigger is squeezed. I have Romy's that will run all day long alongside Russians and Bulgys.

• Like 2

I would get a century built AK74 sporter, those are the best, or a centurion 100% American made. Thats what the experts recommend, I think it was Gabe Suares who recommended them. Hes basically the greatest AK tactics teacher in the US if not the world...

OMG. . . I do soooooo miss the negative feedback option we forum members use to have.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Cheap wasr 10-63 goes bang every time and with some work it will look pretty nice weather you like traditional wood or go commando on it a good refinish always helps cosmetics to some guys want the "best" of the "best" of it goes bang and holds descent groupings out to 200-300yds ur good unless you plan on fighting nazis across large fields and want extremely tight groups lol remember what typical fighting distances are