New Saiga12 owner Questions/Advice?

I just purchased my Saiga 12 yesterday at the gun show in Chantilly, VA. Below is a picture of the one I purchased. I paid extra and got the quad rails as well.

my new babygirl

I am looking to start purchasing conversion mods and add ons. I think this is going to be my first purchase...

TAPCO Intrafuse Saiga T6 Stock Set, 6 Position Adjustable Buttstock, SAW Style Pistol Grip, T6 Rubber Buttpad

Link is below....

http://dpharms.com/p...28black~29.html

What are your thoughts? I read online it is easy to mount and doesnt require moving the trigger group. Also, is the factory stock easy to remove?

Also, any other suggestions for further mods will be greatly appreciated. A scope is one thing I am definitely interested in getting eventually.

Much appreciated smile.png

Edited by amandita
  • Like 1

Save your money, dont buy that stock setup. Read around on here for a few days and do a real conversion.

For only a little bit more money and some elbow grease, you can have it done the right way.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 3

Oh, where to begin? You are probably going to get a bit of 922r static because of that unconverted weapon with a high-cap mag inserted... You want my personal suggestion? Well, first I'd shoot it and see exactly what I got. A lot of these won't cycle birdshot out of the box so don't be discouraged if yours doesn't. Even if it cycles birdshot it probably won't cycle the cheap Winchester stuff.. After I found out what I've got, I'd convert it, re-profile, and polish...

This will be the only post where I will treat you differently because you are a girl, you are now a fellow Saiga-12 owner, it is now your responsibility to learn your weapons platform appropriately, I highly suggest reading the stickies at the top of the forums page, they will let you know the basics, we'll try to help with the rest...

Read more posts here, there is a wealth of info. Most of us here are glad to help. There is most likely one or two of us close enough to help if needed.

Shoot it the way it is for a while, you will get a better idea what you really want, and it needs to get broken in anyhow.

I had that stock set on a saiga 223 I used to own and I really didn't like it. I'm going to tell you what most people on this forum are going to tell you, convert it. Once you're done you'll be glad you did, it looks better and the trigger pull is 100 times better. Carolina shooters supply has very detailed videos on how to do it and it's not that hard. I converted mine in about 3 hrs and it was the first time I had ever worked on a gun. You only have to remove 3 screws to take the stock off. Whatever you decide to do you will have a lot of fun with it.

• Like 1

+1

I had that stock set on a saiga 223 I used to own and I really didn't like it. I'm going to tell you what most people on this forum are going to tell you, convert it. Once you're done you'll be glad you did, it looks better and the trigger pull is 100 times better. Carolina shooters supply has very detailed videos on how to do it and it's not that hard. I converted mine in about 3 hrs and it was the first time I had ever worked on a gun. You only have to remove 3 screws to take the stock off. Whatever you decide to do you will have a lot of fun with it.

#1 Shoot it first....over and over

#2 If you are happy with it uncoverted (for now....that will change eventually) put the Tapco on it (you can always sell it later)

#3 Enjoy it until you decide to make changes......

Thats what I did (see my son in the avatar...it had the Tapco and now see in the attached photo

Welcome aboard

post-22193-0-85583700-1329198085_thumb.jpg

post-22193-0-77709100-1329198098_thumb.jpg

Save your money, dont buy that stock setup. Read around on here for a few days and do a real conversion.

For only a little bit more money and some elbow grease, you can have it done the right way.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

+1 Convert it. It is extremely easy to do a basic conversion.

I would recommend a KVar WARSAW length polymer stock. It will be only slightly longer than the T6 is when fully collapsed and it will be waaaay more solid. I had a T6 a couple of years ago and took it off after one range trip. The tube flexes too much and the stock rattled around on it. It was ridiculously long for a collapsed stock. I am used to running ARs with the stock all of the way in and I have a 74" reach. The WARSAW length feels perfect if you keep your elbows down (translation.... no chicken wing, lol!).

Here is a KVar WARSAW length stock. This is my 3 Gun rig. The more I shoot it.... the more I love it. Simple and very effective....

post-22401-0-72738700-1329225130_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Thanks for advice everyone....

well, I ordered the Tapco stock set already and my friend has it on his and really likes it so I think I am going to put it on. I am concerned about 922 compliance issues though.... Since mine is threaded barrel I understand I have 14 foreign parts....

Therefore ....with new Tapco stock set on it, a US muzzle brake OR flash hider (US made) and a US made 10 round mag then I should be at 9 foreign parts and compliant with 922?