I know this may be sacrilegious, but I was wondering if anyone has experiences with Century International Arms Saiga Semi Automatic Rifle 7.62x39? My first plan was to get a Saiga, and put a few hundred into converting it. When I called my gun store and asked what they had in stock, They have a Saiga 7.62, but they also have the gun featured at "Slick guns"

Now, from what I can tell,Century Arms did everything I was going to do. I was not going to go with any high end triggers. They even made the vent holes that I planned on. My first reaction is... "It is everything I am looking for, buy it..." Almost all the parts are Saiga. I was thinking "how much can they screw up a trigger job?" Then I just keep reading bad things about Century Arms. I have hardly heard of a good about them. Maybe they could screw a trigger job up more than me... It is a new production from them (makes me even more appreciative) so there is not a lot of feedback.

My brother got an arsenal conversion, but I just can plunk down $800-900 for a firearm.

I think I know the answer, but what does everyone think. $400 Saiga 7.62 and convert, or wimp out and get the Century Arms Conversion. I think I'll just go take a look, and go with what I see. I do not think ill see bolt grind or anything.

Edited by Makc
Non-Business Member link

I ended up getting the convert... the bottom line is that it was only about 30 more expensive than if I had done it myself. I liked the fact that Century Arms did not put a stamp on it. I will find out on range day if they did a good job.It was $680 out the door in California.