was calling around local LGS yesterday here in sw in and ask a guy if they carried and stocked saiga's. he said none in stock but we do handle them. so i asked for a price quote on a sporting config 5.45x39 and he gives me a price, ready for this......

$850.00 and they have to order it! 015.gif anyone ever hear one any higher? was so unbelieveable just had to post it.

One near me was selling new Saiga rifles for over $600 even when they were flying off the shelves at various online retailers for $299.

Sad thing is, people did buy them. Uninformed buyers make profits.

Edited by mancat

Ask him if they do transfers. Just pay for it yourself and have it shipped there and pay his small transfer fee. That's how I got mine. The only State tax I payed was on his fee, too.

Ask him if they do transfers. Just pay for it yourself and have it shipped there and pay his small transfer fee. That's how I got mine. The only State tax I payed was on his fee, too.

thats what i do with a lot of my guns that are overpriced locally. pisses some of the shops off, but fuck'em. im not paying their excessively high prices just so they can turn a profit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My LGS is awesome, I have guns transfered to it all the time, but also buy from them.

They can usually price match, but sometimes I have to pay $20 more, but it is worth it because they give me lot's of breaks on other guns and if I didn't support them I might end p having to but form the morons across town (who swore they could modify a beretta into a 1911 for me, for the low, low price of $800)