WASR10 and preban mags?

I've got a sar1 and a wasr10. I think I got the wasr in 05. I have a bunch of newer and older 30rds I use in both guns. Three years ago I had a douche calling the state police on us when we shot. They came three times and checked out my guns and had no problems. They were pretty cool every time and after the third visit never bothered me again. As far as being legal I thought it was but now you got me wondering.

I don't see why not, but I don't know new york gun laws for shit. As long as the gun itself and the magazines are legal, I don't see why the combination would not be.

I think only kalifornia has rules preventing lawfully owned magazines from being attached to lawfully owned firearms.

Thanks guys. NY's state law basically mirrors the federal 1994 AWB that sunset in 2004. The magazines have been in state since before 1994 but the rifle was manufactured in 2004. So long as they are a legal combination, I'll buy the rifle. So far my inquiries have told me that the WASRs were all assembled in the US to be 922r compliant, so I THINK I'm ok using a preban mag in them - even in NY.

Pre-ban AK mags of any capacity are OK in NY and you may use them in any gun whether the weapon is pre or post ban.

Your sources are correct, the WASRs were imported with receivers that accepted single stack magazines, Century then cut them to accept standard AK mags and added US parts for 922r compliance.

No worries, you are good to go with the pre-ban AK mags.