Hunting shotgun Beretta Xtrema 2 vs Xtreme Unico A400

I'd like to choose my bird hunting shotgun and looking to choose between Beretta Xtrema 2 or Xtreme Unico A400. The last one is newer and has more features out of the box. Tried to find info on different forums. Looks like people are happy with Xtrema 2 and almost none responses on A400. Can anyone shed some light ?

Can't speak to the Unico but I do have an Xtrema2. It has been nothing short of flawless on anything I feed it. Thus far the finish (Max4) has held up really well. It is super simple to break down and clean. The gun comes with a few spacers to adjust LOP pretty well. It also includes shims to adjust the comb. Additionally it comes with a complete set of chokes and choke wrench. This is a nice added value. I bought it when Benneli had the "Kick-off" special going. Basically you got the hydraulically dampened recoil pad system for free (a $200 value). The kick-off works well. I can actually feel it working when shooing Federal bulk. It is really nice to have when shooting 3.5" magnums.

The shell shutoff is a nice feature to have, although I have yet to actually use/need it in the field. Also, you can float a round to add one extra round to the count, which is nice. The only upgrade I have purchased is a stick-on fiber optic sight.

I like it well enough to seriously consider buying the new Xtrema model as well. But the damn Beretta M4 got in the way...which, BTW, is the best shotgun I own (but not for field/hunting purposes).

• 2 weeks later...