Saiga 12 5 round mags

FYI:

I decided to check on those cheap 5 round magazines at Keep Shooting and it seems they're on sale again. I picked up another 10 of them since they're at just under $8. Personally, I had to file about 1mm off the catch on each mag to fit them to my IZ-107. YMMV

Happy Valentines Day

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my mags from them too and the filing seems to be about half of the catch. there is the width of a 4th stripe before the mag will seat in the gun. I have fitted lots of AK mags in both of my x39 conversions and with minor smoothing and filing they fit but these are huge amounts of mag catch to get to fit.

Anyone have input?

I compared them to my existing mags and I am already smaller than them in what I have filed.

I just received my mags from them too and the filing seems to be about half of the catch. there is the width of a 4th stripe before the mag will seat in the gun. I have fitted lots of AK mags in both of my x39 conversions and with minor smoothing and filing they fit but these are huge amounts of mag catch to get to fit.

Anyone have input?

I compared them to my existing mags and I am already smaller than them in what I have filed.

I'm on my second set of 4 I ordered from them. Have yet to fit them though.

As you guys know, the 3rd picture in the link below shows where to file....just providing it for reference for new people.

http://www.keepshooting.com/manuals/saiga-12-mags.htm

I'd suggest concentrating on the top half portion of this rectangular area first and slightly rounding the top edge (this is how my stock Saiga mag came when I looked closely. Try to leave the sharp lower lip/part as intact as possible--still had to remove some though. I, too, was removing a lot on my first attempts but found working on the top half provided faster and better results and more like the dimensions of the stock Saiga mag when finished. YMMV.