Update on Tromix parts?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will have the pistol grip adapter back from coating Mon/Tues, so that will allow for one more 922r part.   However, I don't plan to build any "conversions" until we have the quad rail hand gaurd

We don't take pre-orders, but I will let you guys know when they are available. I'll build plenty. You won't have to pay up front and wait forever with a non-existant delivery date.   Tromix doesn

We designed those parts for our own conversions. Just like with the S12, we offer the parts to gunsmiths as a service to the community.   It's not intended to be a novice DIY kit like the S12 trigg

Some fucking dickhead posted some shit about another company in my thread. I wasn't able to delete just his one post, I had to shit can the whole thing.

I'll start another update thread next week.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

That happens all the time - people can't stay focusedhorror.gif . I saw a pic of your trigger and disconnector set on your website - with those two parts my AKDAL will be 922r compliant (along with your piston, stock, shark break, and shiny mag floor plate) - then I can add the folding mech to my stock adapter super_man.gif

Charging handles?

Well that's a bad topic. I have 100ea bolt-on charging handles here and unfortunately, they angle forward on some of the guns. Of course they worked just fine on the guns I tried the first-articles on. So now we have to change the design to work better with the variances of the OEM handles. Or.....I may just shit can the bolt-on deal and build complete handles.

The bolt-on was the easy and inexpensive route since we were already tooled up, material in stock, etc for the S-12 bolt-ons.

If we build the complete handles, it's going to drive the cost up well past the $22 of the bolt-ons.

"they angle forward on some of the guns"

Is it so hard to tell the difference in the charging handles from sight? If you posted photos of the two types of handles could we figure which one we have so we could order one if it would work correctly? I hate to think of you stuck with a bunch of extensions and some of us not able to get one that would work fine. I understand not wanting incompatible parts on the market, but they are compatible for some guns, just not all. Not really different than some other gun parts that fit some but not all. Just need to put instructions on the order page and large letter warnings. Would that work?

Would also be interesting to poll from the photos to see if we could narrow down a serial number range for the different handled guns.

Charging handles?

Well that's a bad topic. I have 100ea bolt-on charging handles here and unfortunately, they angle forward on some of the guns. Of course they worked just fine on the guns I tried the first-articles on. So now we have to change the design to work better with the variances of the OEM handles. Or.....I may just shit can the bolt-on deal and build complete handles.

The bolt-on was the easy and inexpensive route since we were already tooled up, material in stock, etc for the S-12 bolt-ons.

If we build the complete handles, it's going to drive the cost up well past the $22 of the bolt-ons.

A Galil type complete handle like your weld on one for the Saiga would be awesome. I would pay extra for that!

We have a few of the trigger & disconect and spring sets are in. More will be in stock next week.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1412/MKA1919-Akdal-T19-dsh-06-Tromix/Detail?sfs=9b376c0

Same here and a couple of other things. Glad to see you went back to USPS Greg! Those poor guys need the business.

So now there should be enough Tromix parts (6) to make a MKA 1919 922r compliant, correct? That would be the piston, shark break, mag floor plate, stock adapter w/ US stock, and now the trigger and disconnector.

We will have the pistol grip adapter back from coating Mon/Tues, so that will allow for one more 922r part.

However, I don't plan to build any "conversions" until we have the quad rail hand gaurd finished.

I am not sure how many parts we will eventually build for the AKDAL. To date, we have built eighty-one (81) different production parts for the Saiga. Many were dropped due to lack of sales....but we were a bit early to the party and the demand just wasn't there at the time....just like our big bore AR's back in 1999. We may go back and reintroduce some of those items though.

Tony

• Like 2

Just to make sure I'm following you, I have DPMS stock/buffer etc that I'm going to use, maybe later switch it to tapco or magpul, then I would need the PN adapter to screw on to the Tromix conversion adapter. If I had a ace, Tromix, or rj type stock/buffer then I wouldn't need the PN adapter because those direct bolt on. Is that right?