Update on Tromix parts?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will have the pistol grip adapter back from coating Mon/Tues, so that will allow for one more 922r part.   However, I don't plan to build any "conversions" until we have the quad rail hand gaurd

We don't take pre-orders, but I will let you guys know when they are available. I'll build plenty. You won't have to pay up front and wait forever with a non-existant delivery date.   Tromix doesn

We designed those parts for our own conversions. Just like with the S12, we offer the parts to gunsmiths as a service to the community.   It's not intended to be a novice DIY kit like the S12 trigg

All MKA products are on hold.

We have a very large investment in this already, and parts sales have been worse than sluggish.

I guess it's like the S12- nobody really wanted one until the hicap mags came.

We are cautiously optimistic.

We believe that as well. And when high capacity magazines are readily available, at an affordable price, that work in a stock gun, we will turn production back on.

Until then, we'll sell off the inventory that we have on hand, and wait.

Tony

Plus you're sold out on conversions - you've got a lot on your plate! If only I had good welding skills and enough time - I would be making the weld together mags with AGP springs and sell them for ~$100 per mag.

saiga545 - please tell use more about welding mags together and using AGP springs. Is there a thread about this here or on another site?

Thanks

jonblack

Are you referring to these springs:

http://www.agparms.c...ine-Spring.html

Yes. I know Firebird made a couple of 10 rounders like that when they first got a sample of the 1919 to play with. I forget why they scrapped that idea - too expensive and time consuming to mass produce I imagine.

We don't take pre-orders, but I will let you guys know when they are available. I'll build plenty. You won't have to pay up front and wait forever with a non-existant delivery date.

Tromix doesn't use customer's money to finance anything, that's why we don't need to take money up front. Actually, Tromix doesn't run a bank credit line either.....we never have. If we don't have the cash to fund it, we don't invest/buy it.

There are no creditors for Tromix Corp.......customers or otherwise.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

And that's the way it was done in the guilded age of America. :) Makes me wanna buy Tromix public stock if there was any.

That is the only stock report I like to hear. I don't need digits, graphs, etc. Just tell me you don't need to borrow money and have never borrowed money. That's all I need to know. :)

Never the less it's great to know the parts are out there. I do pop in to check things out, see if there is any progress so far.

Agreed....part of the problem is also the work/labor required for stock/grip mods, many shooters aren't comfortable pernamently cutting their new guns

The is only made worse by the fact that IF you screw up, you are SOL and can't get a new lower....just a new complete AKDAL 1919....

I just installed all my tromix parts, the grip adapter was good, but I found that I had to do alot of random Dremeling and sanding to get the magpul grip to fit flush with the Akdal lower, the stock trigger guard width at the rear of the trigger area was significantly wider than the magpul grip

Also the rear contour of the grip was different than the magpul ones so I had to dremel away at the Magpul back strap to get it to fit flush

All MKA products are on hold.

We have a very large investment in this already, and parts sales have been worse than sluggish.

I guess it's like the S12- nobody really wanted one until the hicap mags came.

We are cautiously optimistic.

Agreed....part of the problem is also the work/labor required for stock/grip mods, many shooters aren't comfortable pernamently cutting their new guns

We designed those parts for our own conversions. Just like with the S12, we offer the parts to gunsmiths as a service to the community.

It's not intended to be a novice DIY kit like the S12 trigger guard. A man needs to know his limitations :)

• Like 2

I started off with a Magpul MOE grip, just switched it to an Ergo...the rear section of the Ergo grip fits a bit tighter than the Magpul MOE

I would think a Magpul MAID with difference rear sections would work better than the MOE I used

The difference is that the stock Akdal grip is much wider than an AR15 grip, so when you remove the stock Akdal grip, the back of the trigger guard area is left, and its stock width....I think the vast majority of AR15 grips are narrower, so you need to remove some materials for a clean transition

TZL

Do you think all grips demand the extensive modifications to install or do you think it is the Magpul grip design that demans the heavy mods? What version Magpul grip did you use?

Thank you

jonblack

I appreciate all your Tromix parts, great stuff !

I can't wait for a railed forearm ! too bad firebird isn't selling theirs separately yet

We designed those parts for our own conversions. Just like with the S12, we offer the parts to gunsmiths as a service to the community.

It's not intended to be a novice DIY kit like the S12 trigger guard. A man needs to know his limitations smile.png