ak105 clone build question about fsb/gb

My IZ240 been converted for awhile but didn't do the gb and fsb on it. I was just wondering if this fsb/gb would work on trying to make a ak105 clone

http://www.k-var.com...&cat=290&page=1

I'm not trying to cut down the barrel but leave it full length then get a fake can or I've seen a flash hider that hides the barrel on k-var I believe too. This way I can avoid permantly pinning/soldering one on. Anyway, anyone with some knowledge on this that could chime in I would appreciate it.

Edited by Dale

I read something somewhere about having to turn down the barrel and drill new gas ports? Is that only on the Russian fsb/gb? Also do you know if I can leave the barrel full length when I put it on? Also this doesn't come with the plunger pin and the spring for plunger pin any idea where to find those? Thanks for the help

I read something somewhere about having to turn down the barrel and drill new gas ports? Is that only on the Russian fsb/gb? Also do you know if I can leave the barrel full length when I put it on? Also this doesn't come with the plunger pin and the spring for plunger pin any idea where to find those? Thanks for the help

Well, if you're planning on shortening the gas system, yeah, you'll have to drill a new gas hole. If the gas system remains the same length, no. If you are drilling a new gas hole, it also means you'll be replacing the gas tube, and installing a shorter piston on your bolt carrier.

• Like 2

Just got the present from the UPS lady today! It didn't come with the retainer pin, spring etc which is a bummer cause I havn't had luck finding a set yet. Any ideas or alternatives besides soldering the booster in place? Next time I'm at my dads im going to use his hydraulic press to remove the current gb and fs. Seeing as this will be my first time using a press to press anything on an AK... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about getting this thing to go on straight without cant? I appreciate all the help you all have been so far.

Line it up by eye before pressing, and know, once it's pressed on, it probably won't be perfectly straight. I suppose you could use a protractor to measure exactly how much cant there is to correct it. Gently tapping the FSB with a rubber or plastic mallet will get it the rest of the way there, prior to pinning.