Need to clean some threads

The tap size is going to be 6x1mm, right-hand thread. With that trigger guard, you will need a bottom-out tap. A normal tap has a long tapered segment at the start to cut the first few threads/ensure the hole is the correct size. Since the trigger guard hole is not a through-hole (it's referred to as a blind hole, meaning it has a bottom) you need a tap with full-size teeth all the way down. This is a pretty oddball piece of tooling. I've had my eye out for one, but have been unsuccessful thus far. If you manage to track one down, please update with a price and location.

My CSS TG did the same, I'm pretty sure my screw didn't end up in there right, with some of it being stripped or crossthreaded. It's in tight and has blue loctite so it shouldn't come loose, but it wasn't quite how I wanted it to go on, I can see why a lot of people just cut themselves a proper PG nut hole.

The tap size is going to be 6x1mm, right-hand thread. With that trigger guard, you will need a bottom-out tap. A normal tap has a long tapered segment at the start to cut the first few threads/ensure the hole is the correct size. Since the trigger guard hole is not a through-hole (it's referred to as a blind hole, meaning it has a bottom) you need a tap with full-size teeth all the way down. This is a pretty oddball piece of tooling. I've had my eye out for one, but have been unsuccessful thus far. If you manage to track one down, please update with a price and location.

TapTypes.gif

could just call mcmaster carr jsut looked and they have the 6x1 in flat bottom tap for 12.76 cant really beat that price no cutting no grinding.. also you might just want to go and call around to some of your local machine shops if the had the tap you need they might do it got a six pack ... i know i would