The Vepr Super .308

Anyone have any info on these. man that looks like a sweet rifle. I would really like to hear some real world experience with one of these.

The Vepr Super .308

Vepr-308-super-w-mt.jpg

Vepr .308 Super Limited Edition Target/Sniper Rifle

vepr308-super.jpg

vepr-trigger.jpg - Vepr-308supersidewscope.jpg

Gorgeous wood and beautifully checkered............Photo above shows mount ( included ) with optional scope.

vepr-bbl.jpg

vepr-small.jpg - vepr-small2.jpg - vepr-small3.jpg

Vepr Super 308 .308Cal, 21" bbl, 1-5 and

1-10 Rd mag, manual, and a Free Factory Scope Mount.

This is one of the nicest rifles I have seen come along in a long time with true innovative improvements on standard AK characteristics.

Rifle features a collector grade walnut flat bottom target stock. Improved trigger with crossbolt safety and ambidextrous mag release. Mag release lies flat in line with trigger guard and presses downward to release. Improved flip up aperature target sites. True skeletonized side rail to accept any MTK style slide and lock scope mount and ours comes with free factory mount .

Buttpad, sling swivels and much more. The barrel is fluted for accuracy and has an internalized shark fin style built in muzzle break. Features the smoothest action by far that I have ever felt on an AK Style bolt system.

Semi-Automatic , Comes complete with 1 five round and 1-ten round mag.

Chambers and fires the hard hitting .308 winchester cartridge.

I'll be receiving one from K-Var by April. The model they sell is designed for a top mount, which is supposed to be a lot more solid and ergonomic (sit much lower, etc) than the side mounts, but it will cost me an additional $150. From the research I've done, these are the true "1000 yard AKs". I've read of people shooting 1/4" groups from 100 yards. I can't wait to molest this beauty and then use her at the range to embarrass my buddy's "sniper" AR-10 build! 011.gif

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • Like 1

the 1000.00 price tag makes me kringe. SpetsnazGRU can you post links to your research since no one here has responded.

it sure looks nice. i would be willing to sell my S12 and mags for one. got to love the wood.

K-Var has them for a bit less than that.

The ONLY thing that stops me from getting one is that it's like going back in time in regard to mounting optics. We have all these nice options now or shortly to debut with the RS Regulate side mounts (which would mount too high on the Super VEPR's bracket), TWS rail, and Ultimak, but none of these are applicable on the Super VEPR. Only the Molot side mount, or, for the ones without a bracket, the other style Molot rail.

the 1000.00 price tag makes me kringe. SpetsnazGRU can you post links to your research since no one here has responded.

it sure looks nice. i would be willing to sell my S12 and mags for one. got to love the wood.

The ONLY thing that stops me from getting one is that it's like going back in time in regard to mounting optics. We have all these nice options now or shortly to debut with the RS Regulate side mounts (which would mount too high on the Super VEPR's bracket), TWS rail, and Ultimak, but none of these are applicable on the Super VEPR. Only the Molot side mount, or, for the ones without a bracket, the other style Molot rail.

Yeah. K-Var is sold out of them for $900, but is accepting back-orders for the next shipment. See their forum section for details. The Molot top rail mounts are supposed to come in with the next shipment too. It appears to be a true, long range weapon, so I am getting that top mount and mounting a nice ~8x scope on it. The mount is pretty much "quick detach" and supposed to work very well.

Yes. It is sexy as hell and K-Var's <$1000 sale price finally made me "pull the trigger". My research just involved a lot of googling. In one forum post I found, a guy from Norway, who owns one over there, was claiming 1/4" MOA, but generally, solid info is not that easy to come by.

Yeah. K-Var is sold out of them for $900, but is accepting back-orders for the next shipment. See their forum section for details. The Molot top rail mounts are supposed to come in with the next shipment too. It appears to be a true, long range weapon, so I am getting that top mount and mounting a nice ~8x scope on it. The mount is pretty much "quick detach" and supposed to work very well.

It does not appear to be quick detach from the pics. Can you provide more detail after you receive it? Also, pics would be nice. smile.png

It does not appear to be quick detach from the pics. Can you provide more detail after you receive it? Also, pics would be nice. smile.png

Here's the manual for the thing, which goes into detail on installing a scope mount: http://www.ar15.com/...rVEPRManual.pdf

The mount is helped to be held in place by two slots between the receiver and dust cover and is secured using a "Locking Lever" on the rear sight block, which looks like it can be operated without the need for tools. So, in order to remove the mount/scope, you can just pull up (probably using a considerable amount of force) on the "locking lever" and the mount will come right off.

In the K-Var sub-forum, I already promised that I am going to do a full write-up and pictorial, when I finally get it. smile.png It should be some time by April.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • 2 weeks later...

If I had to do the 308 AK all over again, I think I'd do the SUPER VEPR. They look nice in pictures. Would love to see one up close and in person, but that's not in the cards right now. I am interested in anyones experience/performance with the SUPER VEPR.

This may be the only game in town if you want a new .308 AK with a 20" barrel. The 20" .308 Saiga I got from MAA last fall must've been one of the last. Haven't seen any since. Even the short tube versions are scarce

My Saiga, with good handloads and slow deliberate shooting, is much more accurate than any other Saiga I've shot; between 1 and 2 MOA for 3 shots. But no way will it shoot 1/4" groups. Would love to see the AK capable of that.

This may be the only game in town if you want a new .308 AK with a 20" barrel. The 20" .308 Saiga I got from MAA last fall must've been one of the last. Haven't seen any since. Even the short tube versions are scarce

My Saiga, with good handloads and slow deliberate shooting, is much more accurate than any other Saiga I've shot; between 1 and 2 MOA for 3 shots. But no way will it shoot 1/4" groups. Would love to see the AK capable of that.

Well, Red Jacket did build their "1000 Yard AK" buy putting a nice, heavy match barrel on an S308. Vepr Super has a nice, heavy, fluted match barrel, attached to a nice, sturdy RPK receiver.

• 1 year later...