Going to make a Saiganov

I don't have to worry about the AK conversion because a peek at a SVD show a nice gap between the trigger and the magazine.

Going to use a 20 inch version of the 7.62x39

Got a bolt on 14xs1 LH thread adapter

Getting a TABUK style flash hider from NODAKSUP (ordered today)

Go SCOUT wood stock and hand guard in Mahogany from RHINELAND (Nice craftsmanship)

Got a 6x42 PSOP from Kalinka Optics

Once assembled it should have a more SVD look than a PSL

Picking up Saiga tonight from my local FFL (ordered from Centerfire System) under $400 total

Counting buying Linseed oil for doing the wood, should be just under $900 total,

all new, nothing old or used!

Pictures to follow

Edited by TigerMoses

I don't have to worry about the AK conversion because a peek at a SVD show a nice gap between the trigger and the magazine.

Pictures to follow

Sounds like fun!

You might want to recheck more pics and study some details on the weapon you want to clone.

I believe you will want/need to do the AKtrigger conversion.

I dont recall seeing the SVD's with a "sporter" type trigger location and pretty sure the Rhineland furniture for that has the slot cut to slide up onto the reciever and place the TG up & forward of the back edge?

Doublecheck me so you you dont get stuck with purchasing wrong parts.

Cheers

Harv

Bolt on, just incase I can't find a reasonable gunsmith to thread my barrel, or to have to look until I do.

All pictures I see of SVD, there is a gap between trigger and magazine, the PSL, no gap. So the trigger placement seemed right.

Look at this poster, its like that!

http://www.flickr.co...son/5379498885/

I ordered a airsoft SVD to put on the wall, to look 'exactly' like an SVD

Edited by TigerMoses

Dragunov-Saiganov

Just waiting for the flash hider, then I'd call it finished.
My goal, when I look at it, feel like I have a Dragunov, when I'm at the range - everyone think I have a Dragunov
Total outlay, including FFL transfer fee, and a gallon of Boiled Linseed Oil (Home Depot doesn't sell smaller BHO) $846.78
  • 3 weeks later...

I threaded my barrel this past weekend myself. Hope I did it right! Will test shoot it this week, now that the Tabuk style flash hider is on it from NODAKSPUD.

Had it at the range the weekend, third guy out there, range master was teasing me about probably needed to Zero in my scope, said I would need with with that setup. One of the other shooters asked what I had and before I could answer, the range master said "That is a Dragunov, its a Russian sniper rifle"

I've accomplished my task!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...