Made 10 of these with with candle wax yesterday and took them to the range today.
Had a lot of feeding problems, only 3 of the 10 fed properly. Had to manually insert the shell into the chamber. I suspect the marginally shorter shell length was messing up the feed angle.
They otherwise cycled fine on 2. I switched to 1 for the last pair of them and it wasn't enough pressure to even eject.
Shot at paper at 50 yards, so I did not get any real measure of how damaging they would have been on a solid object. Accuracy was not nearly as bad as expected. All but one were within a one foot radius from bullseye. Hitting a man size target wouldn't be an issue at that range. Everything stayed together nicely, though all but two were distinct keyholes, the slug was definitely tumbling.
No sign of wax in the barrel afterwards.
Edited by drhobo, 26 February 2012 - 04:48 PM.