Double or single stack?

I can't tell so far whether the Saiga 308 is double or single stack. With the ban going away soon, I'm thinking about what it would take to make hi-caps or if they'd even be practical (hi cap single stacks would be cumbersome.)

Also wondering if it would be more practical to adapt other mags or to extend Saiga 308 mags downward.

here is a picture of the M1A 10 Round magazine and Saiga 8 round magazine. Notice how the bullets sit nearly side by side in both mags. this is double stack. Single stack is when a bullet sits directly on top of another, to where you cant really see the other rounds.

Oddly enough I noticed that the Saiga is a half inch taller than the M1A mag. Also the Saiga holds 2 rounds less than the M1A mag. They are the same width and thickness though.

The advantage of double stack is that you can have twice as many rounds of ammo in the SAME SIZE magazine, as you can a single stack.

Single stacks have basically been created to ENFORCE compliance with the Assault weapons ban. You cant really make or buy a single stack mag that will hold more than 10 rounds.

post-6-1079109100.jpg