internal reciever block

I wouldn't worry about it if all screws are tight and it fits. I actually had to shave a little bit off my receiver to get mine to fit. Same old song and dance as far as differences in Russian factory tolerance. You never know what you are going to get.

Same issue when I did mine. Cutting and grinding the tang wasn't enough. I also had to take a lttle off the top vertical edges to square it up. I got mine flush, but if the screws are tight and the block is secure, I wouldn't worry about it functionally. I only squared mine because it bothered me visually.

I know with mine I had to enlongate the holes in order for me to get my screws holes to align up and the block sqaure to the receiver. I think most people have to modify the receiver to the block in some way or another

EDIT: ADDED PIC

saiga3.jpg

Edited by Jeluvsk

When I lined mine up the first time the screws did not go in right I thought I needed to maybe drill the original holes out a little more. After doing that when I lined up the receiver block and got all of the screws perfectly tight I had the gap also, but I added red lock tight to the screws and took my time to put them in perfectly so as far as I am concerned the gap is staying I am not messing with the screws at this point.