Any Members In S. Florida?

I am in Lakeland FL. Rarely get to range fire, but own a number of Siaga rifles, and have a great interest in them, and other AK variants. We have a regular range here called the Teneroc Range, and there are other outdoor ranges. Locally a shop has some acreage set aside to do un-regulated target fireing. I don't particularly care for range commissars in general, although the rifle ranges and bench set ups are convenient.

• 2 months later...

Nice. But that's a little too far for me..I was thinking Dade, Broward, or up to Palm Beach

Miami, Have my 12 on order waiting delivery and doing the bullpup conversion. Been to Henry's in Homestead? That is where I go for fun shooting.

Mike

I've heard good stories about there but haven't made it down there yet. And congrats on getting the S12! I have an unfired one that's still unconverted because I'm waiting to get the parts. Do you want to meet up and convert them together? I don't really know what I'm doing and can use the help. haha

I'm in Pompano and I've done a number of conversions for KGB Armament. I shoot the Malabar subgun match, the Markham Park steel match, and I recently shot the SOF three gun match in Okeechobee. There is a steel match in Cleweston that just got under way, and I hear they are going to include the shotgun as well. I also go to Markham Park on Wednsdays at 5:00 PM to shoot Saiga-12. PM me if you need some info on the conversion or if you experience any reliability issues.

Edited by macaholic

Nice. But that's a little too far for me..I was thinking Dade, Broward, or up to Palm Beach

Miami, Have my 12 on order waiting delivery and doing the bullpup conversion. Been to Henry's in Homestead? That is where I go for fun shooting.

Mike

Hey Mike, is that the outdoor range where anything goes as long as its done safely ? A friend I work with was telling me about it. He is there almost every week. I am in West Palm, looking for somewhere thats not run by Commies.

I'm in kendall and always happy to do some shooting. I would really like to try Henry's. Been to Markham and Trail glades (range nazis). They only allow slugs, and thats too rich for my pocket especially with a Saiga12.

Fort Lauderdale. Markham Park is the best place to go in Broward but they are strict and regulate alot of things. Depends on what kind of shooting you wanna do.

Yeah I been there. I hate too much restrictions. I want to check out that open range in Homestead on this Guys private land. He lets you practice drawing from the hip, rapid fire, and you can even use Tannerite. There is a range master to monitor the line but you can do anything. My frien asked the owner when he first went there, what are your restrictions ? the owner said, you have a Grenade, throw it.

Ok, for all you guys that live West Palm Beach south thats tired of the Commie Ranges. Here is a Range that allows you to practice drawing from your Holster, you can shoot Tannerite, and even rapid fire, range goes out to a 100 yards.Thanks to Kiddy Kane and my friend for the info.

address is 31810 sw 228 av homestead,fl 33030 (305) 394-2151 Henry LaDue

• Like 1

Mike

Hey Mike, is that the outdoor range where anything goes as long as its done safely ? A friend I work with was telling me about it. He is there almost every week. I am in West Palm, looking for somewhere thats not run by Commies.

Hi Sumsky:

Yes, that is it. Eric is the range master, nice guy, friendly and very basic safety rules. No loaded weapons till you get to the line (except pistols, which can be holstered.) All weapons must point up or down as you go to and from the line. No standing past the shooting line etc. Very basic stuff.

The address is

31810 S W 228 Avenue

Homestead FL 33034

1(305) 394-2151 Henry LaDue

It is actually at the end of 320th St but there are like no signs out there much less paved roads past 220th Ave or something. Anyhow, very nice place, small in comparison to Trail Glades. Eric was there as the range master, gave us a quick explanation of their rules (typical safety type stuff, like don't go to the line or from the line with a loaded weapon, don't wave a loaded weapon around etc). They have several stainless steel tables (look like they came from a kitchen) to rest your equipment on, a covered table area at the line and an open area at the line. All targets are set at 25yds give or take. The left side of the range has is pistol only with steel targets, they provide target stands and a stapler if needed, you bring your own targets.

There were about 10 people there shooting, all of them a real nice bunch. One individual had his 15 year old son with him to do some practice. I overheard the kid complain he wanted something else to shoot, so I let him burn off a magazine with my AK. He got a kick out of it as did I.

Had blast shooting, got my rifle basically sighted in (not perfect yet), but I was having a hard time holding it still. Guess I am out of practice with it, or just could not keep it steady. Got to practice double taps, rapid fire, off shoulder fire with it. The AK is really nice to shoot, hardly any recoil. My only complaint is the fore stock gets very hot to the point you can't hold the rifle. Have to use a glove next time.

All in all, had a good afternoon with the Doc, and I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to go shooting. Next time, the wife is coming with me along with all the other pistols we have to do some additional practice, and get her to learn to shoot the AK for her own good.

Things to bring if you go to Henrys:

1. Cost is $15/person, children under 16 are $5.

2. A cooler with water.

3. Some folding chairs, they do have a few on the line, but it would be convenient to have your own.

4. Henrys requires safety glasses and ear protection to shoot.

5. Mosquito repellent (though we did not need it the day we went.)

They are open 7 days a week, 9 to 6PM

If y'all want to get together let me know. My daughters boyfriend wants to go shooting and as soon as I get my Saiga 12, I want to take it there to break it in. I'm doing the Kushnapup conversion for it as I want something a shorter than a standard shotgun. Was going to get the KSG but I had a very bad experience with Kel tec and don't want to get into it right now.

Mike

Edited by mavidal

Hey Mike, thanks for chiming in with all the info, much appreciated. My friend that lives in Homestead have been telling me about this place for a while, but I just cant seem to get the time to drive down from West Palm Beach. I also want rapid fire test my custom 7.62x39 Pup I built, probably bring my 12 inch S12 also for the hell of it.

post-22569-0-14037400-1337704487_thumb.jpg

Sumsky, how did you get the bullpup kit??? That looks like a OEM hanguard that has been modified. I also like the Short barrel shotgun. I'm assuming you got the Tax Stamp.

Bullpup Kit custom made by me. Saiga 12 SBS modified by me, with help from a Cobra Customs,and JT Engineering. Yes I do have a stamp, a few stamps to be exact. I like to collect NFA Stamps.

Edited by Sumsky

Hey Mike, thanks for chiming in with all the info, much appreciated. My friend that lives in Homestead have been telling me about this place for a while, but I just cant seem to get the time to drive down from West Palm Beach. I also want rapid fire test my custom 7.62x39 Pup I built, probably bring my 12 inch S12 also for the hell of it.

I can imagine that would have to be a hell of a drive. Heck, it's over 30 miles from my house and I'm at the end of I95. Let me know when you decide to come down and I'll go playing with you. I have a customer that has a ton of guns and wants to take his Uzi (full auto) there along with another that has a sten that wants to shoot it also.

Mike

I can imagine that would have to be a hell of a drive. Heck, it's over 30 miles from my house and I'm at the end of I95. Let me know when you decide to come down and I'll go playing with you. I have a customer that has a ton of guns and wants to take his Uzi (full auto) there along with another that has a sten that wants to shoot it also.

Mike

Mike, sounds good. I will definately let you know when I plan to come down. I live in West Palm and commute to work in Hollywood, Pembroke Road exit off 95 to be exact and its a daily round trip of 147 miles. Gets very tedious after a while, and I am not driving a German or Italian Sports Car either. What I am thinking about doing is staying at a Hotel for two days shoot for two days then head back up north or head down to the Keys. I have to plan this out with the family, got 5 weeks vacation holding.

Mike

Mike, sounds good. I will definately let you know when I plan to come down. I live in West Palm and commute to work in Hollywood, Pembroke Road exit off 95 to be exact and its a daily round trip of 147 miles. Gets very tedious after a while, and I am not driving a German or Italian Sports Car either. What I am thinking about doing is staying at a Hotel for two days shoot for two days then head back up north or head down to the Keys. I have to plan this out with the family, got 5 weeks vacation holding.

Yow, that is a hell of a commute, man I feel for you. I did south dade to Sunrise and university for 5 years and wanted to scream all the time with the idiot drivers.

Mike

Mike

Yow, that is a hell of a commute, man I feel for you. I did south dade to Sunrise and university for 5 years and wanted to scream all the time with the idiot drivers.

Mike

(idiot drivers) and Florida go hand in hand, thats so funny that you said that. I see a acident on 95 every day..

Mavidal,

You mentioned you use to drive from dade to sunrise and university. I'm from that area. Thats a long ride, but after reading your posts and sumsky's it appears you guys got alot more experience than I do.I would like to get up with you guys so I can learn a few things.

Anyway here is a pic of my Updated Conversion. Hope you like it and if you have any opinions about what you see, please let me know.

Thanks

post-42173-0-81784300-1337836867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiddy Kane

Mavidal,

You mentioned you use to drive from dade to sunrise and university. I'm from that area. Thats a long ride, but after reading your posts and sumsky's it appears you guys got alot more experience than I do.I would like to get up with you guys so I can learn a few things.

Anyway here is a pic of my Updated Conversion. Hope you like it and if you have any opinions about what you see, please let me know.

Thanks

post-42173-0-81784300-1337836867_thumb.jpg

Nice set up. Is that a UltiMAK Gas Tube Rail ?