Best fcg for conversion, and why.

There are countless threads out there on the subject, but overall I think the majority will advise a Tapco G2 (for varying reasons I'm not going to elaborate on). It will require some modification IIRC, especially if you want to keep the BHO.

If want something more custom, or you don't want to perform the necessary modifications yourself, there are options to purchase pre-modded FCG's. (Check out the FS/Trade section)

The Tapco G2 is hard to beat for its pricepoint, simplicity and availability. It is the FCG others are compared to for good reason.

I have also used the Texas AK FCG. I like its ergonomics better but those who work in fcg metal more than me have advised that the metal is softer than the G2. I have some pretty well beat up G2s, this makes me wonder about its longevity.

The powers custom or Red star arms FCG is a Milled Steel FCG with the ability to be adjusted to a 2 stage pull. Its made of good metal, but to many the addition to more parts = more prone to failure. If you do get one I HIGHLY recommend red lock tight when you figure out where you like the settings. Its far more pricey than the above 2 also.

If 922r isn't a concern theres a number of original AK triggers and hammers floating around. They were there for a reason, they work. But I wouldn't expect anything else from them. Trigger slap for example can be a issue here.