I bought a saiga 12 2 years ago and i have had nothing but bad luck. Honestly it probably has a lot to do with the fact that this is my first gun and I have no idea what im doing when it comes to customizing it. Recently the Bolt carrige sheared at the piston insertion point and my Gumsmith is welding it together. I have been told that this is a bad idea but I dont know what els to do. I can't find a new piston/bolt/carriage anywhere. Im at the point where i just want to say f* it and start over. Any advice. (please be nice im totally new at this). Does anyone know where i can get parts for this gun? If worse comes to worse and I have to sell it is it ok to sell on this forum. I really dont want to sell it. I frikin love this gun, i just feel like its way out of my league .. espicially seeing the guns yall have on this site. thanks for your help

Part it out, or deal with the welding repair. Some people have had good luck with a repaired bolt carrier, others not so much. Many factors come into play on whether it will last or not.

Parts are not available for Saiga 12's unless someone is parting one out.

Edited by Mullet Man

I bought a saiga 12 2 years ago and i have had nothing but bad luck. Honestly it probably has a lot to do with the fact that this is my first gun and I have no idea what im doing when it comes to customizing it. Recently the Bolt carrige sheared at the piston insertion point and my Gumsmith is welding it together. I have been told that this is a bad idea but I dont know what els to do. I can't find a new piston/bolt/carriage anywhere. Im at the point where i just want to say f* it and start over. Any advice. (please be nice im totally new at this). Does anyone know where i can get parts for this gun? If worse comes to worse and I have to sell it is it ok to sell on this forum. I really dont want to sell it. I frikin love this gun, i just feel like its way out of my league .. espicially seeing the guns yall have on this site. thanks for your help

PM Samal ,he has a hook up in Russia,may be he can help you with this(getting a new bolt carrier) wont be cheap thou

weld it, break it, weld it again.

in the mean time keep a l@@k out for the part ya need.

Do you know a machinist? or really good gunsmith with the tooling?

My smith would just make you a new one.

I'd weld mine up with my harbor freight mig welder.

I've made more than one part and had more than a few made for me.

check into it.

Edited by armalite_ar50

PM Samal ,he has a hook up in Russia,may be he can help you with this(getting a new bolt carrier) wont be cheap thou

I don't think carriers are available even in Russia, I think there is some crazy law about working on guns so all repairs are done at the factory, and there are no parts sold because of this.

As long as he does the weld properly and doesn't take too much temper out of the metal, it will last a long time. I had a friend at work(gone now) who would TIG weld the gas piston shafts and carriers back together on AKs they'd screwed up the demill jobs on.